T
Tacitus
Active member
Hi there!
My boom cylinder hose fitting started to leak when I lifted the machine to widen the tracks. Takeuchi TB016. JIC fitting, not flat nose, conical 30 something degree.
It was finger tight, so I thought tightening would fix it. Well ... it leaks less, but still leaks.
The workshop that did the last service told me to change the hose.
The hose is a mile long, goes around the world and back, and I guess it's a bummer to change.
I asked if the male fitting on the cylinder needs changing and was told no (?)
So ... why do only half the job and the hardest part of the job?
If changing the hose only allegedly fixes the problem, why wouldn't replacing the male nipple only, have the same effect?
Am I missing something?
My boom cylinder hose fitting started to leak when I lifted the machine to widen the tracks. Takeuchi TB016. JIC fitting, not flat nose, conical 30 something degree.
It was finger tight, so I thought tightening would fix it. Well ... it leaks less, but still leaks.
The workshop that did the last service told me to change the hose.
The hose is a mile long, goes around the world and back, and I guess it's a bummer to change.
I asked if the male fitting on the cylinder needs changing and was told no (?)
So ... why do only half the job and the hardest part of the job?
If changing the hose only allegedly fixes the problem, why wouldn't replacing the male nipple only, have the same effect?
Am I missing something?