Laying a big concrete slab to level.

D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I use laser on a plate and 4 meter belle beam (that’s plenty big enough to maul over 6” of concrete!!) gets it good enough!
tried afew times to get guys in with laser screed but they are booked up months in advance.. I assume your mate @Giles is Darren? My biggest problem is getting man power now, so just keep pours small and pump it where I can justify it, saves another person on the rake! 👍🏼
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I use laser on a plate and 4 meter belle beam (that’s plenty big enough to maul over 6” of concrete!!) gets it good enough!
tried afew times to get guys in with laser screed but they are booked up months in advance.. I assume your mate @Giles is Darren? My biggest problem is getting man power now, so just keep pours small and pump it where I can justify it, saves another person on the rake! 👍🏼
Yeah Darren hall, trying to get him for my 850m2 pour but like you say busy busy
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
These are the guys who did mine - they work all over but are based near Chester so might be worth a call if you are ever looking for a machine.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
You'll know you're own area best as to who ring tbh. It'll depend on quantity you might get it cheaper online for bigger orders but small orders delivery will hike cost up. Mesh is often cheaper off steel suppliers and in full size sheets but they might not be as happy to deliver for pence as you're local builders merchant.
Dyfed steels .... depots all over the place .... or Ex Stock (now a part of Dyfeds) 01633 253111 - Matthew
 
Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
Dyfed steels .... depots all over the place .... or Ex Stock (now a part of Dyfeds) 01633 253111 - Matthew
Devaron metals down hear stock it all they have been supplying the new dualing of the a30 down here and also sending artic loads to Hinkly c nuclear power plant they're busy bending welding and fabbing up cages as well as tons of mesh and straight lengths going up the line
 
Top