Kubota kx 61-3. Buckets

craig

craig

I've gone S type on my 18z and its quite expensive to do so. I got them from Engcon as I really rate the quality and light weight of their buckets. Paid the following all plus vat;
S30 Manual hitch c/w lifting hook £1200
GB01 800mm grader £350
600mm Digging c/w teeth £450
450mm Digging no teeth £300
240mm cable bucket £240

The idea is to be able to share attachments between the 8026 and the 18z, whilst each machine has its own dedicated bucket range (the 18z's being smaller for obvious reasons) But for £2500 I could have bought standard buckets twice over, so I don't blame anyone for sticking with traditional buckets, especially if they haven't already got S type in their fleet.
Are they s30 180 Ollie?

B

Brendan

I think the pin sizes are different but doesn't rossandsons had/have a complete near enough brand new hitch and bucket setup for sale

S

Steve Trott

I'm thinking of getting a 750mm digging bucket for my KX61-3 too - mainly for use when bulk loading not digging as such.

Will probably get mine from digbits!! (runs away quick!!)

M

Monkeybusiness

900mm digging bucket or you are just wasting diesel!

Attachments

• AA88D644-7E62-4D1A-811C-C7F848C23AB5.jpeg
    AA88D644-7E62-4D1A-811C-C7F848C23AB5.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 153
M

Monkeybusiness

I'm thinking 750mm isn't big enough, but I'm a greedy bastard. What harm could i do do if i went bigger. Only me using it, a professional operater thats held a citb ticket since 1988.
Fook me you are old - best change your name in my phone to Fossil!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I think the pin sizes are different but doesn't rossandsons had/have a complete near enough brand new hitch and bucket setup for sale
bigger pins IIRC ... 35s rather than 30s :unsure::(

S

Smiffy

I'm thinking 750mm isn't big enough, but I'm a greedy bastard. What harm could i do do if i went bigger. Only me using it, a professional operater thats held a citb ticket since 1988. 😁

Can't do that much damage several hire firms round here have 900's
Although they are fitted with teeth which I find a bit pointless as they can only be used digging in the lightest soil otherwise you just drag the machine around
But if loading stone from a stockpile they are perfect

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

IIRC the top plate / pins should be at 6 degs from parallel with the the bottom face to give optimal tilt sideways and max crowd for high loading:unsure:;)
6 degs from parallel from what “face”?

diggerjones

diggerjones

Can't do that much damage several hire firms round here have 900's
Although they are fitted with teeth which I find a bit pointless as they can only be used digging in the lightest soil otherwise you just drag the machine around
But if loading stone from a stockpile they are perfect
Yeah. It wouldn't be used for hard digger, that's what the 2' is for. I'll have to go and look damage Dan sheep shagger man's 900mm.

Nick...

Nick...

I'm thinking of getting a 750mm digging bucket for my KX61-3 too - mainly for use when bulk loading not digging as such.

Will probably get mine from digbits!! (runs away quick!!)
Is the kx61 2.5/3 ton weight.i fancy a bigger material moving bucket fir my ecr25 volvo.grader not allways ideal in some circumstances.
nick...

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
6 degs from parallel from what “face”?
memory failure James ..
1619947396737.png

could've sworn it was 6 degs to neutralize the pitch of the hitch under the tiltys and set the bottom level, side on, with the tilty vertical, L/R orientation ... sure i'd read it somewhere, but can't find it this morning? ..... Frank? @Bucket on wheels

S

Smiffy

Is the kx61 2.5/3 ton weight.i fancy a bigger material moving bucket fir my ecr25 volvo.grader not allways ideal in some circumstances.
nick...

Ive used the 900 on both the 2.6t Hitachi and 2.7t Kubota zero tail don't know if they are any bigger than the volvo

CPS

CPS

Defo not 6 degrees, our buckets are between 15 to 30 degrees depending on the size and style