Kubota D1105 Engine Manual

P

Pod

Need an engine manual for a Kubota 3 cyl D1105 engine

Any links would be appreciated

Reg POD

P

Pod

Yes, low oil pressure also blow back through rocker cover, my fitter is taking off sump to check big ends etc
I am going to download a manual to try & get the skids under him......
I had intended to swap the engine for one from a refreigerated truck but that could be problematic I've been told
Thanks for the link Mick

Reg POD

P

Pod

It was leaking diesel into the oil - had the injector pump done (seals), it won't start now without easy start
The fitter tells me it is blowing through the rocker cover & probably needs rings, its a disaster
He's taking off the sump to check oil pressure problem .....

Getting pissed off with the fitter - slow as Christmas.........
Like to hear what what you would do?

Reg POD

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It was leaking diesel into the oil - had the injector pump done (seals), it won't start now without easy start
The fitter tells me it is blowing through the rocker cover & probably needs rings, its a disaster
He's taking off the sump to check oil pressure problem .....

Getting pissed off with the fitter - slow as Christmas.........
Like to hear what what you would do?

Reg POD
is the pump timing right ???

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
First of all I would check compression, secondly remove injectors, fit new copper seals with a bit of grease, thirdly check valve clearances, and straight away throw the easy start as far away as possible! The pump timing won’t change unless the timing cover and gears have been disturbed, the cam that operates the pump is fixed, and doesn’t alter when the pump is removed. Another thing to check is the shim plate below the pump, this will control spill timing ( could cause early injection, advanced timing and crank case pressure).

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Leaking diesel into oil! Yes could be leaky pump, or dripping injector, any cracking noises or ticking when trying to start?

P

Pod

Thanks Mick - I had the pump done and solved the diesel leaking into eng oil
Meeting the fitter tomorrow & will give him a print out of your advice.
I've just had an idea where to put that can of easy start (pointed end first)

Reg POD

P

Pod

Fitter has taken engine out & taken off sump - he says crankshaft bearings are fine, doing further research next week
Gave him a copy of your advice & he agrees with your methods

I can't move the machine while its not mobile so I'm in a jam. Printing relevant sections of the manual at the moment for him
(Printer has assumed the role of a baler - could be trying to build a 3D engine? many great discoveries were accidental)

Reg POD