KAB seats

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
anyone know who’s good for KAB seating ? I think I need a KAB 514 or 524 or similar seat for hitachi
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
Lots of seats and covers on Ebay if you know which model seat you have google it and it will bring up the suppliers, I recently got a seat foam and cover and a new back cover for my Terex 860. I have here a spare foam and seat cover for a Kab 301.
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
Once you discover the price you wont be so keen! If its just the seat base worn then I've taken them to an upholster who did a great job with a new foam insert and put a new cover on - no it didn't match but who cares! Looked a lot smarter and felt much nicer under me backside.

Or I have also fitted entire replacement seats, bit harder to work which one you need and what will fit but fundamentally, they all bolt down to a flat piece of metal that can be modified to suit the new seat. Getting the height right was what I found hard but nothing that packing pieces under the seat base couldn't sort.

Or its ebay time, looking for something similar out of a machine. JCB ones seem to appear in good condition - I assume out of their spare parts auctions and then put online. But it might be possible to get a Hitachi seat like this.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Once you discover the price you wont be so keen! If its just the seat base worn then I've taken them to an upholster who did a great job with a new foam insert and put a new cover on - no it didn't match but who cares! Looked a lot smarter and felt much nicer under me backside.

Or I have also fitted entire replacement seats, bit harder to work which one you need and what will fit but fundamentally, they all bolt down to a flat piece of metal that can be modified to suit the new seat. Getting the height right was what I found hard but nothing that packing pieces under the seat base couldn't sort.

Or its ebay time, looking for something similar out of a machine. JCB ones seem to appear in good condition - I assume out of their spare parts auctions and then put online. But it might be possible to get a Hitachi seat like this.
Yes , you’re right about the price . Looking 7-8hundred for a KAB replacement that’s not the correct one ! I think mines a KAB 515 Scot seats can get me a 524 but I need to check the spec to see if it’ll fit . I don’t mind paying for a new seat so long as it’s right . I’ve put up with knackered seats in the past and when you’re a little horizontally challenged it’s like being in a boat !
The seat that’s in it is completely shot . The cushions are shredded and it rocks around all over the place so I doubt a refurbishing will cut it .
What I wondered was does anyone do alternative seats that copy the KAB but I expect getting a universal seat to fit in between the levers at the right height might be difficult.
 
A

Alan caddy

Well-known member
Yes , you’re right about the price . Looking 7-8hundred for a KAB replacement that’s not the correct one ! I think mines a KAB 515 Scot seats can get me a 524 but I need to check the spec to see if it’ll fit . I don’t mind paying for a new seat so long as it’s right . I’ve put up with knackered seats in the past and when you’re a little horizontally challenged it’s like being in a boat !
The seat that’s in it is completely shot . The cushions are shredded and it rocks around all over the place so I doubt a refurbishing will cut it .
What I wondered was does anyone do alternative seats that copy the KAB but I expect getting a universal seat to fit in between the levers at the right height might be difficult.
If its for your zx70 it will just need the frame welding to stop it rocking about we had to weld a few of hours was fine after that, get some foam glued onto seat base and fit a seat protector on nobody would know any different
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
If its for your zx70 it will just need the frame welding to stop it rocking about we had to weld a few of hours was fine after that, get some foam glued onto seat base and fit a seat protector on nobody would know any different
The thing is the seat will be used by me and Sandy he’s slight and shorter than me and I’m taller and wider than him so we usually need the full adjustment at opposite ends so I dont really want to weld up the base and loose that movement .
 
A

Alan caddy

Well-known member
The thing is the seat will be used by me and Sandy he’s slight and shorter than me and I’m taller and wider than him so we usually need the full adjustment at opposite ends so I dont really want to weld up the base and loose that movement .
It's not to weld up the base when you take rubber cover of round the base you will most likely find bits that have broken or broken bolts just reweld the broken bits and replace any broken bolts was pretty common on our ones
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
It's not to weld up the base when you take rubber cover of round the base you will most likely find bits that have broken or broken bolts just reweld the broken bits and replace any broken bolts was pretty common on our ones
Thanks for this , I will take it out when I get the seat out and make sure it’s all good before it goes back in . I must have a look at the one in the duck as well as this has the same system and it is bouncing about a lot
 
Top