D
DaveDCB
Well-known member
I have a decent Nilfisk jetwash, it started acting odd a while ago, wouldn’t knock off when trigger released so just kept running. Used it for 5 hrs straight the other week and it stopped dead so thought I’d call out a ‘pro’ to fix! I’m trying to employ more people to alleviate the work load these days!!
He came out and poked around, told me the motor is dead and can’t get them anymore(confirmed with another place motors are discontinued) so his only solution was buy a new one from him, quick though prices gone up and he’ll sell me at last months prices!!
I had 10 mins yesterday to have a look myself, replaced the 13a fuse and hey presto it fired up, did some Google’s and it points toward the unloader valve , I messed with that abit turning up and down and then the lance/hose wouldnt hold pressure when turned off - so I assume it is that which needs replacing/rebuilding?
Anyone familiar with such things?
Said jetwash is 9 yrs old and I’ve never had to touch it before, like brand new under the cover.
I’m mega pissed at the bloke for trying to scam me for 3k for a new one, even offered to take my old jetwash off my hands to ‘get it out of the way’!
He came out and poked around, told me the motor is dead and can’t get them anymore(confirmed with another place motors are discontinued) so his only solution was buy a new one from him, quick though prices gone up and he’ll sell me at last months prices!!
I had 10 mins yesterday to have a look myself, replaced the 13a fuse and hey presto it fired up, did some Google’s and it points toward the unloader valve , I messed with that abit turning up and down and then the lance/hose wouldnt hold pressure when turned off - so I assume it is that which needs replacing/rebuilding?
Anyone familiar with such things?
Said jetwash is 9 yrs old and I’ve never had to touch it before, like brand new under the cover.
I’m mega pissed at the bloke for trying to scam me for 3k for a new one, even offered to take my old jetwash off my hands to ‘get it out of the way’!



