Jerky Drive

M

MARKB

Hi, just bought a secondhand mini digger jcb 2016, works fine but jerks when driving forward and reverse, literally limps along. I Presume it is hydraulics related but any advice appreciated.

Thank you
Mark

C

charlie2

Hi, just bought a secondhand mini digger jcb 2016, works fine but jerks when driving forward and reverse, literally limps along. I Presume it is hydraulics related but any advice appreciated.

Thank you
Mark
tracks way to tight can cause jerky movement and sometimes the jerking causes pendulum effect on controls making it worse.

S

Smiffy

Thank you
Mark

Does it have 2 speed tracking and what condition are the tracks in
The little JCBs I've driven can be quite jumpy anyway and as above track tension and condition doesn't help, also if they are too loose they jump as sprocket tries to seat properly

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Final drive oils probably non existent, need flushing and new oil put in them, empty what’s in them, half fill with diesel, lift machine off the ground, run tracks back and forth for a bit, dump diesel out, but also checking diesel leaking out from the back of the sprocket, fill with some nice 80/90 or I think on later ones they recommend engine oil.