JCB 8015 mini digger

T

Tac45

New member
Hi, my secondhand (14 years ago) mini digger is great, but I noticed the other day that with the jib off the ground I could slew the machine about 4 inches left or right by hand. This would not cause me a problem digging, but I wanted to get into the bucket and use it as a platform to cut a high hedge (done it before) but it was too sloppy to risk standing up in and using a hedgecutter this time. All I want to know is it an adjustment? a grease job? or a workshop job for the pivot ring? Thanks for reading this I hope someone can help, Cheers.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Hi, my secondhand (14 years ago) mini digger is great, but I noticed the other day that with the jib off the ground I could slew the machine about 4 inches left or right by hand. This would not cause me a problem digging, but I wanted to get into the bucket and use it as a platform to cut a high hedge (done it before) but it was too sloppy to risk standing up in and using a hedgecutter this time. All I want to know is it an adjustment? a grease job? or a workshop job for the pivot ring? Thanks for reading this I hope someone can help, Cheers.
God knows I've done some risky s**t, but standing in a 1.5t bucket to cut a hedge is a whole new level!

Are you a pro surfer or skateboarder? :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, a mate lost his finger to a hedgecutter and that was just a ladder giving way! Stand on the roof of the machine instead.

As for the slew, it's pretty normal for an old machine, the slew brakes wear as does the ring gear.
 
Last edited:
kabin man

kabin man

Well-known member
1686938864203.png

Keep plugging away. A gold card is possible..
 
Top