JCB 214 Transmission issues

K

Ktriky

I’m having trouble with my 2004 JCB 214. Unit runs great. Forward and reverse run fine for 10-15 min. Then it stops moving forward or reverse. I'm losing pressure when it stops moving. Cold pressure is fine but it drops when hot. I've already changed out the pump. Then the pressure release valve. What else could it be? Transmission Fluid level is fine. No funny noises. When I let it sit for a bit it will run fine again.

I'm lost and dumping money into this thing.

C

charlie2

I’m having trouble with my 2004 JCB 214. Unit runs great. Forward and reverse run fine for 10-15 min. Then it stops moving forward or reverse. I'm losing pressure when it stops moving. Cold pressure is fine but it drops when hot. I've already changed out the pump. Then the pressure release valve. What else could it be? Transmission Fluid level is fine. No funny noises. When I let it sit for a bit it will run fine again.

I'm lost and dumping money into this thing.
does the transmission oil smell burnt on the dipstick its normally the front pack that fails. think the pressures need reading for a diagnosis it may be dropping pressure when hot? just re read maybe needs new drive pack plates.

K

Ktriky

Thanks. Pressure does drop when hot which is why I replaced the pump. How do I test the front pack?

C

charlie2

Thanks. Pressure does drop when hot which is why I replaced the pump. How do I test the front pack?
a simple check is smell the oil not certain where you would fit a gauge to check pressures if you have fitted a pump i would think that both drive packs would probably need doing thats the most common problem with loss of drive. did you have to remove gearbox to change the pump. i am not sure if torque converter can affect the pressure in drive packs i have only helped remove the gearbox that got sent away for rebuild that had new torque converter and worked fine when put back in. someone else may have more experience with repairs needed than me. there is a fitter on this group that will probably reply to you.

K

Ktriky

a simple check is smell the oil not certain where you would fit a gauge to check pressures if you have fitted a pump i would think that both drive packs would probably need doing thats the most common problem with loss of drive. did you have to remove gearbox to change the pump. i am not sure if torque converter can affect the pressure in drive packs i have only helped remove the gearbox that got sent away for rebuild that had new torque converter and worked fine when put back in. someone else may have more experience with repairs needed than me. there is a fitter on this group that will probably reply to you.
Only problem is fluid was just changed and I didn't think to smell it.

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Take the tank cap off and try it! It also could be down to the shuttle valve, control or wiring to it! Also can you take some pictures of the fuse box and dash panel it may have thermal cut outs?