Introduction and C.V.

H

Hls

Hello everyone
I have been lurking reading through this forum and the CE forum for a while, I have also just moved to the surrey/Sussex border and thought it might be a good chance to look for new opportunities.

I have worked for a few very diverse farms and contractors giving me a vast amount of experience in how not to do things but I would really like the opportunity to learn and gain more experience and put some more tickets to my name.

Aswell as a lot tractor experience I have also driven excavators loading screeners and muck spreaders running water pipes and a whole host of farm type jobs and this is something i really want to do a ticket for.

I've worked on on farm composting sites running shredders and screeners. Carrying out the maintenance of them too.

I've worked doing forestry landclearane and commercial large scale landscape maintenance, so I have my chainsaw tickets. Also used stump grinders and smaller chippers.

I have a class 1 hgv license with up to date CPC and hiab and have done tipper, grab, roro and beavertail work.

I have done alsorts of agricultural building work from drainage, concreting, machine installations a steel erection.

I also have workshop experience servicing welding fabrication and mechanical work.

I really enjoy a challenge and new experiences and was wondering if anyone between Guildford and Horsham is looking for someone enthusiastic for the new year or knows any companies worth speaking to I would be very grateful and I have a proper C.V. if anyone is interested in it

Many thanks

F

fred

good luck fella, you have a lot of skills to bring to the table.

H

Hls

good luck fella, you have a lot of skills to bring to the table.

Thanks its just a struggle convincing people skills are transferable and that you can learn everyone seems to want ready made to measure employees and I'm struggling to find smaller companies in the area , I know they exist as ive seen machines parked up or being moved but the sign writing often doesn't go anywhere

How close are you to Basingstoke?

I'm about an hour and a half from Basingstoke on a clear run

diggerjones

diggerjones

Bit far for you. We've got a project on the go at the moment

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Sounds a very useful chap pity you aren’t a bit closer to cheshire:(
same thought occurred to me last night reading it Mog .... be a real useful chap for your line of work ;)

M

Matt

Sounds like you have a lot of skills to offer. We might be looking for someone to join us doing a lot of the things you mentioned. Iv just sent you a direct message, let me know if it’s of interest to you.

H

Hls

Just incase anyone newly registered hasn't seen this and may know of anything I'm still looking.
Considering what I see on here and Facebook about the lack of willing and enthusiastic young people and general staffing problems I can't even seem to get companies to reply to emails or call me back . Even to say as much as they aren't looking at the moment.
It seems an absolute waste of time without tickets but then trying to find prices and information from training companies is near impossible none ring you back and there websites are useless.
I feel I'm doomed to sit in a tipper for the rest of my life at the moment.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Just incase anyone newly registered hasn't seen this and may know of anything I'm still looking.
Considering what I see on here and Facebook about the lack of willing and enthusiastic young people and general staffing problems I can't even seem to get companies to reply to emails or call me back . Even to say as much as they aren't looking at the moment.
It seems an absolute waste of time without tickets but then trying to find prices and information from training companies is near impossible none ring you back and there websites are useless.
I feel I'm doomed to sit in a tipper for the rest of my life at the moment.

playing Devil's advocate for a moment .....do you suppose it's anything to do with your location? :confused::unsure:

V8Druid

V8Druid

In which respect ??
in respect of finding an employer ... are there many in your area that carry on the sort of work you'd like to get into ?

the training schools, etc. are more likely to respond to direct telephone contact I'd have thought :unsure:.... emails take time to get around to answering and consume time doing so.

H

Hls

in respect of finding an employer ... are there many in your area that carry on the sort of work you'd like to get into ?

the training schools, etc. are more likely to respond to direct telephone contact I'd have thought :unsure:.... emails take time to get around to answering and consume time doing so.

There seem to be plenty of construction companies and while they don't have an agricultural side slit seem very agricultural in the way they operate it's just trying to contact them it seems

And the training companies I have called left details and still waiting for them all to reply I don't know if they have more interest in big companies putting 10 blokes through at a time.

I will persevere and continue to try and add as much value to myself until the right thing comes along.

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
I don’t know if you have found something, but I did hear via the fitter underworld that Greensheilds JCB Farnham were looking recently, they will certainly give plenty of training.