information/knowledge sought on VFDs please

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
as title ... please look at the link below for more info.
new 'toy' arrived this morning ....
he ran it on a VFD as it's 3ph ..... am considering doing the same -
anyone have any experience / knowledge they'd like to share please
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
no idea how they work but they appear cheap enough to give a try

yes Fred ... had put some links up in the thread I linked to .... @Rob65 is shortly going to give me his appraisal of what to acquire .... and has answered one very important Q straight off. not poss to run either / or BTLs ..... least not without some major wiring juggling -- do-able but hassle
 
Last edited:
D

Daveyp

New member
I converted a 3Ph pillar drill using a motor and mitsubishi VSD kit from Newton Tesla. I'm not that clued up on it but I was advised by a friend who is into model engineering that some of the cheap VSD's can be a nightmare to set up and not guaranteed to play well with your existing motor (which would need to be able to be wired up in delta). If it isn't already or can't be wired up in Delta then you may need a different motor. As said, I'm no expert!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I converted a 3Ph pillar drill using a motor and mitsubishi VSD kit from Newton Tesla. I'm not that clued up on it but I was advised by a friend who is into model engineering that some of the cheap VSD's can be a nightmare to set up and not guaranteed to play well with your existing motor (which would need to be able to be wired up in delta). If it isn't already or can't be wired up in Delta then you may need a different motor. As said, I'm no expert!
yes motor has to be wired in Delta configuration .. 3 x 220v across the windings .... these things don't actually step the voltage up as the 'inverter' implies ... splits it into 220v supplies
 
Top