Ifor tipper savery remote wiring .

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I have an ifor tipper . The guys have been using it and it's come home with damaged remote . No one knows anything about it though . 🙄 it now keeps blowing fuse when lowering body using the remote. I've taken the back off but it looks a bit strange the way it's wired . I am a bit suspicious that it may of been retired after being damaged but I'm not sure. The remote has a dead man button that has brown wire live feed going through it . An earth green and yellow. and a blue wire .
does anyone know how it should be wired ? I can't figure out how the remote is supposed to work
 
S

Steve

Well-known member
I think the live either feeds the pump and tips the trailer or it switches to open the solenoid to let the trailer down. If fuse is blowing when lowering I would suspect a short somewhere in the wire going from the remote to the solenoid.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
image.jpg
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I think the live either feeds the pump and tips the trailer or it switches to open the solenoid to let the trailer down. If fuse is blowing when lowering I would suspect a short somewhere in the wire going from the remote to the solenoid.
It only has 3 wires a live an earth and a blue .
So to power up it connects the live (brown) and the earth .
To power up it connects the blue wire and black (linked to earth)

Does that wiring seem like it is correct to you ?
If so it must be a short in the plug at the other end
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It only has 3 wires a live an earth and a blue .
So to power up it connects the live (brown) and the earth . yellow / green wire
To power up down it connects the blue wire and black (linked to earth) linked to live red

Does that wiring seem like it is correct to you ?
If so it must be a short in the plug at the other end (y)(y)
 
S

Steve

Well-known member
I would think it might be shorting near the down solenoid as it must be earthing and I can’t see where else it could be.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I would think it might be shorting near the down solenoid as it must be earthing and I can’t see where else it could be.
agreed ... everything in the plugs connections are live related ... could be earthing through plug body/socket to chassis if it's a metal bodied plug :unsure:
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
agreed ... everything in the plugs connections are live related ... could be earthing through plug body/socket to chassis if it's a metal bodied plug :unsure:
Ok . So you guys think I shouldn’t be getting an earth at all in the switch . It does have a red and green led light on it though that do seem to work so how would they without an earth . You can see the little wires going into the back of it at the bottom of the pic .
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Ok . So you guys think I shouldn’t be getting an earth at all in the switch . It does have a red and green led light on it though that do seem to work so how would they without an earth . You can see the little wires going into the back of it at the bottom of the pic .
looks like they're probably earthing through the units that are not being energised
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
Ok . So you guys think I shouldn’t be getting an earth at all in the switch . It does have a red and green led light on it though that do seem to work so how would they without an earth . You can see the little wires going into the back of it at the bottom of the pic .
Are the red and green LED`s a battery condition warning type thing?
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Are the red and green LED`s a battery condition warning type thing?
Yes they are . They alternate if battery low and don’t light up at all if the deadman switch isn’t on
Can they work without an earth ?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I don’t understand that bud
the unit that isn't being energised is earthed and will provide an earth circuit to the LED, which draws a tiny current from the live supply .. as you say if the voltage is too low they alternate and won't light at all if there is no voltage at the supply to light them
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
the unit that isn't being energised is earthed and will provide an earth circuit to the LED, which draws a tiny current from the live supply .. as you say if the voltage is too low they alternate and won't light at all if there is no voltage at the supply to light them
I think I have it now buddy . Looks like I'm looking for a short in the blue wire (as you said ages ago 😊)
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Well I checked out the blue wire . I chased it back to the coil . Checked in with Sam at the local ifor dealer and he said if it’s blowing fuses it’ll likely be the coil so I replaced it . That done the trick . I also replaced the isolator switch as it was also playing up and while I was at it I also replaced the remote that had been driven over . I’ve kept the old one which I will sort out silicone up and have as a spare.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
While I was going through it all I checked the in built charging system . There is a fuse on top of the battery that was reading 12.7 on the battery side and 14.4 on the van side with the van running . What I didn’t understand though was when I put the fuse back in it only reads 12.7 on both sides . Could it be working like a smart charger that only allows the 14.4 from the van to charge the tipper battery when the the charge is getting low in it ?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Well I checked out the blue wire . I chased it back to the coil . Checked in with Sam at the local ifor dealer and he said if it’s blowing fuses it’ll likely be the coil so I replaced it . That done the trick . I also replaced the isolator switch as it was also playing up and while I was at it I also replaced the remote that had been driven over . I’ve kept the old one which I will sort out silicone up and have as a spare.
coil gone to earth / shorted out
 
Top