Vinpetrol
Well-known member
I done a job last year which has a pump installed in line on the 25mm mdpe pipe . It is situated in the garage .
The client has reported that the pump is now pulsating after being fine for months . The plumber has checked the pump and says there is a leak under ground . The set up is The water comes in from the boundary box goes into the garage, through the pump , back out of the garage and over into the house . It then is distributed throughout the house and has another mdpe that leaves the house and goes over to the garage to supply the washing machine . I then teed into the garage supply from the house to supply an outside tap (forgotten by plumbers) on the outside off the house .
It’s all been working fine with the pump loading the pressure up to 2.5 bar .
Then the clients reported to the main contractor that the pump was pulsating and that the water pressure was awful. The plumber says if he turns off the supply back to the garage and outside tap in side the house , then house all works fine .
It all points to a leak in my mdpe pipe from the house to the garage or where I’ve teed into it for the outside tap .
I’ve bought a gauge to pressure test my pipework before I start digging up the drive but I am thinking it is likely a leak unless the pump could be struggling once the extra load comes on but it is strange that all has been fine for six months . I also know that clients turned up the pressure that the pump supplies but surely the pump wouldn’t deliver enough pressure to blow a backfilled connected fitting apart .
Any thoughts ?
The client has reported that the pump is now pulsating after being fine for months . The plumber has checked the pump and says there is a leak under ground . The set up is The water comes in from the boundary box goes into the garage, through the pump , back out of the garage and over into the house . It then is distributed throughout the house and has another mdpe that leaves the house and goes over to the garage to supply the washing machine . I then teed into the garage supply from the house to supply an outside tap (forgotten by plumbers) on the outside off the house .
It’s all been working fine with the pump loading the pressure up to 2.5 bar .
Then the clients reported to the main contractor that the pump was pulsating and that the water pressure was awful. The plumber says if he turns off the supply back to the garage and outside tap in side the house , then house all works fine .
It all points to a leak in my mdpe pipe from the house to the garage or where I’ve teed into it for the outside tap .
I’ve bought a gauge to pressure test my pipework before I start digging up the drive but I am thinking it is likely a leak unless the pump could be struggling once the extra load comes on but it is strange that all has been fine for six months . I also know that clients turned up the pressure that the pump supplies but surely the pump wouldn’t deliver enough pressure to blow a backfilled connected fitting apart .
Any thoughts ?