How hard is it to buy things?

hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
As per title really, how hard is it to buy things nowadays? Ie new truck, digger, attachment ect ect
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Seemingly quite difficult. 3 weeks waiting for price to change a digger but i don't want to push it. It'll be due a service soon and I'll have to get a filter off them i wonder if it'll jog anyones memory
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Seemingly quite difficult. 3 weeks waiting for price to change a digger but i don't want to push it. It'll be due a service soon and I'll have to get a filter off them i wonder if it'll jog anyones memory
Amazing that salesmen can be so crap, makes you wonder how their backup will be once they've had the money
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
When I bought my dumper earlier in the year, it was a problem. If the factory or dealer didn't have stock you were screwed. Think JCB quoted me September for a dumper from them based on their anticipated factory output. I was lucky Thwaites had one in stock at the factory. I dont think even now factories have resumed normal service and so if you are looking at something bespoke or out of the ordinary then its long lead times. Otherwise I think the regular standard stuff is coming through fairly well, but demand for new kit seems to be higher than normal at the moment? Maybe driven by 2nd hand prices rising slightly as its harder to buy new?
 
Danny

Danny

Well-known member
Heard off a few dealers mini diggers are selling quick and long lead times they put it down to landscapers / groundworkers etc using BBL
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
market has gone mad

We underwrote plant in Jan, should be due in March... Then June.. Then end of July.. still delayed machine is on the line and they had gone for a 3 week shutdown like there wasn't anything else at all to do

Lot of talk about how machines are built. Usually 4 people to a station now just 1, then its stopped and wiped down before next station so its taking a lot longer to build.

Bounce back has caused the market to go a bit crazy. Sub 8 tonne is very expensive right now
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
When I bought my dumper earlier in the year, it was a problem. If the factory or dealer didn't have stock you were screwed. Think JCB quoted me September for a dumper from them based on their anticipated factory output. I was lucky Thwaites had one in stock at the factory. I dont think even now factories have resumed normal service and so if you are looking at something bespoke or out of the ordinary then its long lead times. Otherwise I think the regular standard stuff is coming through fairly well, but demand for new kit seems to be higher than normal at the moment? Maybe driven by 2nd hand prices rising slightly as its harder to buy new?
and everyone's awash with cheap/free money
 
Nick...

Nick...

Well-known member
Can’t say I’m suprised.consider changing my digger and mentioned it to couple of dealers,one i have had 4 machines from and I heard absolutly nothing from either
nick...
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Took me 3 months to get a response from a dealer - must have plenty on without scratching around for a single machine sale.
BBL will surely be driving small plant sales - the only 2 people im in regular contact with in uk have both bought new mini diggers/dumpers will BBL ...... s**t will hit the fan further down the road
 
Last edited:
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
I'm not buying another plot until around end of next year as things stand. I think all this funny money will take a while to wash out. Furlough only just beginning to wind down and we've seen a few job losses already. Wonder if govts promise to invest and spend will keep things afloat?
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
I'm not buying another plot until around end of next year as things stand. I think all this funny money will take a while to wash out. Furlough only just beginning to wind down and we've seen a few job losses already. Wonder if govts promise to invest and spend will keep things afloat?
Hard to say, I've currently not applied for the bounce back, could be a lot of kit going cheap next year if s**t hits the fan
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
Ive not got any bbl nor have i had any help whatsoever but trying to get sorted on new stuff is just hard work. Lots are saying its because of bbl and others saying because of shut down.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hard to say, I've currently not applied for the bounce back, could be a lot of kit going cheap next year if s**t hits the fan
hope so .... still want a cheap 3-ish tonner ;):)
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Just thought I'd drag this thread up again. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks still heard nothing. Bumped into local yanmar dealer the other day (lives nearby) took him less than a minute to give ball park figure.
 
Top