Hose change bobcat e10

S

Swancott2007

Member
Hi everyone,just a quick question as the title suggests! Hose started leaking on fri from the left hand armrest so obviously i need to swap it when I get chance.I haven't investigated it yet but does anybody have any experience of this? Are they a pain to do? I don't suppose there's much space down there to get at things,I know the fan belt was a right PITA! Thanks for any advice,cheers
 
O

OBL

Well-known member
Hi mate,
I have the exact same prob at the min. It’s where the hoses bend in pilot control arm when it’s raised and lowered... only one weeping at the min but all look a bit split and worn. I was weighing up doing them all if it doesn’t look to hard.

Like you I’ve not even taken the cover off the pilot arm yet! Next weeks project as
I have a job for it in a few weeks so let me know if you have any info.
There are wires in there too so hoping they’re not split.

Must be a common prob as with small machines as you’re always hopping on and off, mines only just turned 1000 hrs. As you say working on them is like performing surgery in a shoebox!
 
S

Swancott2007

Member
I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong place! If anybody can move this to workshop it would be appreciated,thank's. There is a video on youtube of a chap doing one on a slightly bigger bobcat and it look's fairly straightforward but saying that he had got a bit more room to work!
 
S

Swancott2007

Member
Hi mate,
I have the exact same prob at the min. It’s where the hoses bend in pilot control arm when it’s raised and lowered... only one weeping at the min but all look a bit split and worn. I was weighing up doing them all if it doesn’t look to hard.

Like you I’ve not even taken the cover off the pilot arm yet! Next weeks project as
I have a job for it in a few weeks so let me know if you have any info.
There are wires in there too so hoping they’re not split.

Must be a common prob as with small machines as you’re always hopping on and off, mines only just turned 1000 hrs. As you say working on them is like performing surgery in a shoebox!
Hi I've just had it apart,console off,floor up (lhs in my case!) Sidepanel off and armrest apart,not too bad a job mine was the slew hose which was pretty accessable!! Just take lots of pics before disassembly and I tied a piece of string to console end of hose so I could thread it back thru where it came from. It took about 2hrs in all including having hose made up. I just need to repair the break in the wire for armrest safety switch now! Best of luck 👍
 
O

OBL

Well-known member
Hi I've just had it apart,console off,floor up (lhs in my case!) Sidepanel off and armrest apart,not too bad a job mine was the slew hose which was pretty accessable!! Just take lots of pics before disassembly and I tied a piece of string to console end of hose so I could thread it back thru where it came from. It took about 2hrs in all including having hose made up. I just need to repair the break in the wire for armrest safety switch now! Best of luck 👍
That’s really helpful cheers! Going to war with mine tomorrow as I’ve finally a day off.
 
O

OBL

Well-known member
Got the hose off, Jesus! Every panel off in the end.

The split was on the kink in the arm and hose went to the manifold in the main column… good call on the pull cord, I’d never get it back though again, most of it was blind just pulling, pushing and twisting till it was free…. The 90 deg fittings each end don’t bloody help! Hope I can get it back through again. I can see that the slew hose would have been preferable.

If they all needed doing I think I’d chop it in!
Originally I was thinking I’d do the rest if it was easy… but fk that😂
 

Attachments

  • 2F949012-D277-4D04-AD43-A8D67D806E92.jpeg
    2F949012-D277-4D04-AD43-A8D67D806E92.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 3D226588-50E6-4389-B9B5-8F8825D4F83C.jpeg
    3D226588-50E6-4389-B9B5-8F8825D4F83C.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 282
S

Swancott2007

Member
Got the hose off, Jesus! Every panel off in the end.

The split was on the kink in the arm and hose went to the manifold in the main column… good call on the pull cord, I’d never get it back though again, most of it was blind just pulling, pushing and twisting till it was free…. The 90 deg fittings each end don’t bloody help! Hope I can get it back through again. I can see that the slew hose would have been preferable.

If they all needed doing I think I’d chop it in!
Originally I was thinking I’d do the rest if it was easy… but fk that😂
Ok best of luck👍 let us know how it goes? As I prob also will have to do that 1 as well,cheers.
 
Top