Home Built TiltRotator

H

HeliPilot

yeh spot on @craig .. 3 x cetop3s, manifolded, in me VA-r plus a hitch valve too ... fed by a prop. aux pedal ...
buttons for tilt, rotate & Aux .. toggle for the hitch function .....

the issue is finding a small enough rotary coupling to transfer the fluid to the lower half of the set up ... I found Roemheld make some excellent rotaries ... 2, 4 and 6 gallery .. but at a price ... they can be found on ebay s/hand at a lot better rate than new price though

this is a 2 gallery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roemheld...051670?hash=item4219d24316:g:qFQAAOSwZtNa1ilY

this is a dinky one and cheap too ... 2 gallery though https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roemheld-New/133141829556?hash=item1effdf17b4:g:Y4IAAOSw5cNYfSLz

and a 6 gallery ... not seen one like this before . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roemheld...094100?hash=item1ef8237c94:g:YR0AAOSwNSxU2U1n
.. my four and six gallery spare ones I have are all the same as the first link but taller ... the one I have in my VA-r has been performing fine since it was installed several years ago

ON EDIT ... that first link looks like a 4 gallery on closer inspection ... has an A and a C port so must be 4 gallery;)
'bout a quarter of new price that
Because of all the extra work involved I am not worried about fitting hydraulic hitch.

R

Rob65

Does anyone know what sort of seals are used in these rotary couplers?

Are they a precision ground finish internally or just a turned finish?

I’m thinking about making one for a rotating grapple.
It’s a project for some point in the dim and distant future but thought I’d ask whilst they are being discussed.

Rob

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Does anyone know what sort of seals are used in these rotary couplers?

Are they a precision ground finish internally or just a turned finish?

I’m thinking about making one for a rotating grapple.
It’s a project for some point in the dim and distant future but thought I’d ask whilst they are being discussed.

Rob
just get yourself a Roemheld Boyo .... job done;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Because of all the extra work involved I am not worried about fitting hydraulic hitch.
if you're going to put a rotary in for an aux. service, it's not much more work to go 4 gallery and have the luxury of a 'hitch on a switch' ;)

Gunners

Gunners

Dont know if this is any help to you, but I have an 8026 with DC2 and am near Farnham so not a million miles away if you want to come have a look how they have made it work. Sounds like your 8026 has the proportional aux roller on the joystick which mine didn't. I remember Engcon when they fitted it were pleased the machine had what they called a "wet pedal" I.E, the pedal was directly on a valve and not remotely linked. They plumbed into this to get the feed for the tilty. How the rest of it works god knows! I just do the digging 🤪
Anyway, offers there if it would be any good to you.

H

HeliPilot

Dont know if this is any help to you, but I have an 8026 with DC2 and am near Farnham so not a million miles away if you want to come have a look how they have made it work. Sounds like your 8026 has the proportional aux roller on the joystick which mine didn't. I remember Engcon when they fitted it were pleased the machine had what they called a "wet pedal" I.E, the pedal was directly on a valve and not remotely linked. They plumbed into this to get the feed for the tilty. How the rest of it works god knows! I just do the digging 🤪
Yes I’d love to come and see it, I believe Ollie Dodwell has spoken with you about your Engcon?
They are doing some work for me at the moment

V8Druid

V8Druid

has a constant supply, so an easy tee in close to where they want it ;)