Hire operator business insurance

G

Gavin

Hi folks I hope someone can help me here. We run a tree surgery business and are buying a MEWP for that business. We also want to start another service hiring the MEWP and operator out for the day. I've tried so many insurance companies but no one will insure us to hire out the machine with operator!!! They all say it has to be an entirely separate business, and that they can't insure us for that business.... There are hundreds of other firms out there that hire equipment with operator, but I can't find out who they get insured with to run their business. Please if it's a business you run could you point me at an insurance company that will insure us.

Many thanks

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi folks I hope someone can help me here. We run a tree surgery business and are buying a MEWP for that business. We also want to start another service hiring the MEWP and operator out for the day. I've tried so many insurance companies but no one will insure us to hire out the machine with operator!!! They all say it has to be an entirely separate business, and that they can't insure us for that business.... There are hundreds of other firms out there that hire equipment with operator, but I can't find out who they get insured with to run their business. Please if it's a business you run could you point me at an insurance company that will insure us.

Many thanks
used to use NFU for me crane insurance and NU (Aviva), before them - but wouldn't recommend Aviva to anyone after the way they last performed for me :mad:

A

A9Driver

Have a look at www.towergate.co.uk our local contact up here is great and we have insurance for just about everything with them, and we operate a coach company and a HGV workshop on the side.