Highway compliance requirements.

CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to the list of requirements for excavators working on the Highway etc? Chapter 8 chevrons, green beacons etc!

Or is it a case of each client asking for different things?
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to the list of requirements for excavators working on the Highway etc? Chapter 8 chevrons, green beacons etc!

Or is it a case of each client asking for different things?

Each client asking for different things.

You can actually get yourself in a world of trouble with various things.... Road Registered machine tramping on live lane through works with a green beacon on? Illegal.
Chevrons on a 360' excavator? can cause issues at night due to the arse facing "wrong way in traffic".

Only thing we have ever done, is Amber beacon, Highway Maintenance Sticker and a working horn!
 
Stubota86

Stubota86

Well-known member
Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to the list of requirements for excavators working on the Highway etc? Chapter 8 chevrons, green beacons etc!

Or is it a case of each client asking for different things?

the firm working on a23 had orange, green AND purple beacons on their kit when I went past a while back 🤨
 
Stubota86

Stubota86

Well-known member
Hi All,

Does anyone have a link to the list of requirements for excavators working on the Highway etc? Chapter 8 chevrons, green beacons etc!

Or is it a case of each client asking for different things?

the firm working on a23 had orange, green AND purple beacons on their kit when I went past a while back 🤨
 
wee_gus

wee_gus

Well-known member
Purple or magenta is for height and slew restrictor. This is getting more common.
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I've recently seen purple appearing on the M27 works and was going to post the question, but now I know. I guess the green and purple are fitted as the operator isn't trusted to do as instructed and wear the set belt and operate the restrictor.
Surely though, they should have different becons for height restriction and slew restriction as they operate separately?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
dozers on the A465 have had two blue strobes, rear facing, every time i've come past them ... looks like plod's 'grille lights' coming at you :unsure:
 
K

Komatsu

Well-known member
I've recently seen purple appearing on the M27 works and was going to post the question, but now I know. I guess the green and purple are fitted as the operator isn't trusted to do as instructed and wear the set belt and operate the restrictor.
Surely though, they should have different becons for height restriction and slew restriction as they operate separately?
It’s getting to the stage where you can’t see the wood for the trees,
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I came along the M27 again tonight. By the time machines have several orange beacons or a full orange light bar, green beacon, purple beacon, full work lights back front and on the boom I think the Christmas tree idea makes about as much sense.
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
Ive reluctantly had to put green on some of mine....spose thats not bad for the number of years ive avoided it.

But it really is a nonesene all these stupid lights....they say your fully trained and give you a card then they put a flashy light on just so they can check your doing it.
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Ive reluctantly had to put green on some of mine....spose thats not bad for the number of years ive avoided it.

But it really is a nonesene all these stupid lights....they say your fully trained and give you a card then they put a flashy light on just so they can check your doing it.
As you say, they demand tickets to show you are fully trained. Why bother if they need flashy lights to show the seat belt is connected, even if you are sat on it?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Its a police dozer 😝...blue is for when they reverse.
you'd bloody well think so .. see it coming at you in the rain ... looks like plod .. these machines are often alongside live lanes and the lights are low - between the tracks, at the back end
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
you'd bloody well think so .. see it coming at you in the rain ... looks like plod .. these machines are often alongside live lanes and the lights are low - between the tracks, at the back end
I was watching news earlier about hs2 and all i saw was green flashing...no amber.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
you'd bloody well think so .. see it coming at you in the rain ... looks like plod .. these machines are often alongside live lanes and the lights are low - between the tracks, at the back end

I thought the blue was a bit more technical as in part of a sensor system ??
As I've some plant and forklifts with auto braking and proximity sensors that cast a blue hologram on the floor
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I thought the blue was a bit more technical as in part of a sensor system ??
As I've some plant and forklifts with auto braking and proximity sensors that cast a blue hologram on the floor
no idea Boyo .... but looks like Plod coming at you ..... I'll ask Lister .... he had his duck there for a long time ... he'll know
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
A light for wearing a seatbelt?! I always remember that vid off here that bloke getting crushed and reminds me to put one on if doing anything not on the flat
 
Top