Hi

N

nomates

Member
From somerset ....evening everyone , I'm Steve .....and to be honest I have no place being here , .....however I am really wanting to buy a cheap mini digger .....and I have my eyes a case cx15 .....but it has a blown engine ....perkins 103-10 ......does anyone know if I can just swap it out with a Perkins 103-13 ? ......or basically I'm asking advice on what I can do to exchange engines on this machine it cant be fit for scrap it just needs a new engine ......any help id be really grateful .....thanks in advance Steve
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
From somerset ....evening everyone , I'm Steve .....and to be honest I have no place being here , .....however I am really wanting to buy a cheap mini digger .....and I have my eyes a case cx15 .....but it has a blown engine ....perkins 103-10 ......does anyone know if I can just swap it out with a Perkins 103-13 ? ......or basically I'm asking advice on what I can do to exchange engines on this machine it cant be fit for scrap it just needs a new engine ......any help id be really grateful .....thanks in advance Steve
welcome ....... have you been able to identify the differences between the 10 and the 13 engine variants? ...
also beware that some engine manufacturers have specific spec.s for engine blocks for specific uses ...
a motor from a mower, say, may well be very different to an exc. block ... different castings/lugs/bosses/mounts/inj. pump/etc.
 
N

nomates

Member
welcome ....... have you been able to identify the differences between the 10 and the 13 engine variants? ...
also beware that some engine manufacturers have specific spec.s for engine blocks for specific uses ...
a motor from a mower, say, may well be very different to an exc. block ... different castings/lugs/bosses/mounts/inj. pump/etc.
I downloaded a manual for both engines ......the 103-10 is just under 1 litre and the 103-13 is 1.3 litres .... the same block on the out side ....I just cant find any 103-10 engines
 
C

charlie2

Well-known member
I downloaded a manual for both engines ......the 103-10 is just under 1 litre and the 103-13 is 1.3 litres .... the same block on the out side ....I just cant find any 103-10 engines
Blocks could be the same but any ancillarys and the sump could be different I guess including the flywheel. But anything is possible with time and the right tools and equipment.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
In Yanmar terms a 3tnv70 looks very similar to a 3tnv76 and uses a lot of the same parts but the are different in length,
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
I downloaded a manual for both engines ......the 103-10 is just under 1 litre and the 103-13 is 1.3 litres .... the same block on the out side ....I just cant find any 103-10 engines
You might find the 103-13 block is a bit taller. Mounts and crank centre line will be the same
 
R

Rob65

Well-known member
I went throughly exacting this 103-10 to 103-13 comparison as I bought a Jcb 801 with a broken crank.

It’s a common problem apparently.

The 103-13 gets it’s bigger capacity from having a longer stroke so is taller.

I think I have now acquired enough bits to put a good 103-10 together but not got around to doing it.

What exactly is wrong with the ‘ blown up’ engine you have.?

I got my digger engine from a Holman compressor of eBay for about £600. I think it’s a c20 but do some research as they also come fitted with a kubota engine.
 
N

nomates

Member
Its been ran low of oil, so has crank damage ........but after much instigation , I just cant get spares for that engine (bottom end anyway) , and I've had a re-think ......and now decided that the best digger for me is a micro digger .....like a Kubota k008
 
Top