Here the richest send their old Land Rovers by plane. Continuation when translation became too long for a thread

JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
I do like the FR's.... light on the bum but in the right situation there fantastic.

R.E the 200 series... they are just a step backwards. Look nicer than the 100 series but the amount of panel work to get damaged is unreal. They seem down on guts too.
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I do like the FR's.... light on the bum but in the right situation there fantastic.

R.E the 200 series... they are just a step backwards. Look nicer than the 100 series but the amount of panel work to get damaged is unreal. They seem down on guts too.
No more panel work than any other just that it's not flat anymore. At least its still metal. Dig end is bucket end anyway. Dunno about the guts load sensing hydraulics respond differently to older style which can give that impression but not an issue I've noticed myself.
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
And you could argue that if i was to dent the side bonnet on a 290 at least it would just be the bonnet, not the hydraulic oil or diesel tank like a 175.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
And you could argue that if i was to dent the side bonnet on a 290 at least it would just be the bonnet, not the hydraulic oil or diesel tank like a 175.
Then it does have more panel work to rust doesn't it 🤔

As for grunt. I know what I can lift if I have to with a TB175..... 290 won't do the same, I promise you.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
I've had both
So have I.

Difference is, and I mean no disrespect to you but I've spent the last 5 years shoving lumps around and into 40 yard RoRos when I have had time. The 175's are my tool of choice. They have more grunt.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210117_160231_8.jpg
    IMG_20210117_160231_8.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 171
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
So have I.

Difference is, and I mean no disrespect to you but I've spent the last 5 years shoving lumps around and into 40 yard RoRos when I have had time. The 175's are my tool of choice. They have more grunt.
My opinion is the 290's big let down us the tracking arm power i don't think there's anything in. Maybe mine has relief valves set higher than some. I can definitely say new one with 2 piece boom will outlift mono booms and is a lot better planted at its bum due to extra 200kg on counterweight
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
So have I.

Difference is, and I mean no disrespect to you but I've spent the last 5 years shoving lumps around and into 40 yard RoRos when I have had time. The 175's are my tool of choice. They have more grunt.
My opinion is the 290's big let down us the tracking arm power i don't think there's anything in. Maybe mine has relief valves set higher than some. I can definitely say new one with 2 piece boom will outlift mono booms and is a lot better planted at its bum due to extra 200kg on counterweight
 
Top