Help with remote cctv needed

Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
If you have to run power, drop LC pre-terminated multi-mode (50/125) fibre in. Slap a switch at either end with SFP SX optics (not expensive) and plug it up. You can go upto 1000m on SX optics, 1km+ on LX with single mode fibre.
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
My install was done by


The nicest guy you could meet, great attention to detail and very recommended I will not go anywhere else . He does do a rental spec. I reckon a ptz on a pole with a couple of sensors would be plenty. If somebody tags a sensor it would zoom to that area while also calling you . Do it right and you shouldn’t get any false alarms. Can also hear the site and talk to the site .

My yard is overkill but better safe than sorry especially as we have some asset in there that is not ours
 
V

Volbar1

Member
Have a look at the Reolink solar cctv, I've got one and for the money I think it's brilliant. Battery lasts about a month but the weather lately I've not swapped over batteries since the end of Feb. Night vision is good. When the alarm is triggered it automatically records and can adjust the sensitivity as well, which I had to as got woken up at 1.30 am one morning, jumped out of bed ,heart pounding out of chest expecting to take on some low life's to find a gust of wind had blown past😂
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Have a look at the Reolink solar cctv, I've got one and for the money I think it's brilliant. Battery lasts about a month but the weather lately I've not swapped over batteries since the end of Feb. Night vision is good. When the alarm is triggered it automatically records and can adjust the sensitivity as well, which I had to as got woken up at 1.30 am one morning, jumped out of bed ,heart pounding out of chest expecting to take on some low life's to find a gust of wind had blown past😂
When you do get that call it is a bit of a rush. Trying to get yourself together.

years ago in my first small unit I rented I never had cameras just a monitored alarm. One night at 2 am the phone goes, confirmed alarm. So I rushto the car and bomb down there.
Along the way I thought sod it il call police so I did and told them it’s never gone of before etc . They stayed on the phone while I got there. Nothing untoward at all , it was a council let place and had many other units around it too. So I let myself in and yep false alarm. Apologised to the police who was still on the phone.
Two mins later two armed police cars turned up, and about thirty seconds after that I could hear a thumping in the distance yes a police helicopter was above ... I was so embarrassed but the police did say they are hot on plant as the amount of thefts that are used for other theft such as cash point rip outs
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
When you do get that call it is a bit of a rush. Trying to get yourself together.

years ago in my first small unit I rented I never had cameras just a monitored alarm. One night at 2 am the phone goes, confirmed alarm. So I rushto the car and bomb down there.
Along the way I thought sod it il call police so I did and told them it’s never gone of before etc . They stayed on the phone while I got there. Nothing untoward at all , it was a council let place and had many other units around it too. So I let myself in and yep false alarm. Apologised to the police who was still on the phone.
Two mins later two armed police cars turned up, and about thirty seconds after that I could hear a thumping in the distance yes a police helicopter was above ... I was so embarrassed but the police did say they are hot on plant as the amount of thefts that are used for other theft such as cash point rip outs
This is why you need a camera to back the alarm up.

Nothing compares to the rush of the alarm plus then watching three huge motherfuckers ram raiding your gates.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
been there sooooo many times ... usually 3 in the morning ... charge into town, knock me lights off as i got close to my yard, creep up to the gates and open 'em real quiet and grab the first piece of 33mm CHS conveniently stashed to hand ... open the shop and hit ALL the floodlights .... if it was a double knock activation, plod'd have arrived by that point and either all hell broke loose or we searched in vain for the tw*ts that'd already FO-ed
I do not miss that.

Plod had a few good results though .. silent activation gave us 20 minutes to get there and we had a routine of arriving from different directions which covered all possible escape routes.
went off one Sunday afternoon .... multiple activations ... plod arrived in force on a shift change ... rounded up 20 odd kids, bricking my windows from the park next door ...... they apparently spent the rest of the day and the Monday 'discussing' with hoards of parents, why their kids were getting an official caution and a shiny new 'police record' ... little bastards ... cost them all a share of the 400+ quid bill to replace them all
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
If you can get an old towerlight (one of the old SMC ones with big cowling and windup mast) you could convert that into a CCTV station - couple of big batteries instead of an engine, couple of solar panels up on the mast and some camera's below that. Has the benefit that you can drag it round with you and park it near all your plant at night - 4G to alarm and comms back to you also.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
If you can get an old towerlight (one of the old SMC ones with big cowling and windup mast) you could convert that into a CCTV station - couple of big batteries instead of an engine, couple of solar panels up on the mast and some camera's below that. Has the benefit that you can drag it round with you and park it near all your plant at night - 4G to alarm and comms back to you also.
like that as an idea
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Can't remember the make but there regularly lighting towers going through auction having had a fire in the loom
The mast chassis and engine are fine just writes of the tower due to all the electricals melting
Could probably sell the Kubota engine to recoup most the price and be left with a mast and chassis
Although the model in question has a hydraulic mast it shouldn't be mush trouble to rig either a hand pump or tail lift pump in to raise it
Think it is an electric pump to begin with and may even be salvageable
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Can't remember the make but there regularly lighting towers going through auction having had a fire in the loom
The mast chassis and engine are fine just writes of the tower due to all the electricals melting
Could probably sell the Kubota engine to recoup most the price and be left with a mast and chassis
Although the model in question has a hydraulic mast it shouldn't be mush trouble to rig either a hand pump or tail lift pump in to raise it
Think it is an electric pump to begin with and may even be salvageable
If you see one advertised stick it up on here, sounds interesting!
 
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
Can't remember the make but there regularly lighting towers going through auction having had a fire in the loom
The mast chassis and engine are fine just writes of the tower due to all the electricals melting
Could probably sell the Kubota engine to recoup most the price and be left with a mast and chassis
Although the model in question has a hydraulic mast it shouldn't be mush trouble to rig either a hand pump or tail lift pump in to raise it
Think it is an electric pump to begin with and may even be salvageable


A mate of mine bought a handful that wanted a bit of felting, new bulbs, batteries etc something like 800ish quid a piece, we sorted them and now their worth 6k plus.

I'll be asking him some questions tomorrow 🤔
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
Can't remember the make but there regularly lighting towers going through auction having had a fire in the loom
The mast chassis and engine are fine just writes of the tower due to all the electricals melting
Could probably sell the Kubota engine to recoup most the price and be left with a mast and chassis
Although the model in question has a hydraulic mast it shouldn't be mush trouble to rig either a hand pump or tail lift pump in to raise it
Think it is an electric pump to begin with and may even be salvageable
Yup, exactly. Or get an old one that has a knackered Genny. I mean, hell, you could stick LED lights on it too - just put them below your camera's (cos then the scrotes won't see the cameras). They can be run off battery too. PIR so they come on when they get close too. You could power it from 240v during the day to charge if you didn't want to do solar and had generator or mains on site (or build yourself a hybrid setup).

None of it is hard to do, can be thrown together for under a grand I reckon.
 
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
Yup, exactly. Or get an old one that has a knackered Genny. I mean, hell, you could stick LED lights on it too - just put them below your camera's (cos then the scrotes won't see the cameras). They can be run off battery too. PIR so they come on when they get close too. You could power it from 240v during the day to charge if you didn't want to do solar and had generator or mains on site (or build yourself a hybrid setup).

None of it is hard to do, can be thrown together for under a grand I reckon.

I'm inclined to agree with you and its not something that will be outdated or replaced any time soon 👌
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
You can always incrementally upgrade it too, better cameras, add lighting etc. Whatever works for your problem.

I know of companies that sell / rent these also, at least, I've seen em, can't remember who does em!
 
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
You can always incrementally upgrade it too, better cameras, add lighting etc. Whatever works for your problem.

I know of companies that sell / rent these also, at least, I've seen em, can't remember who does em!
There are loads of firms on LinkedIn that make a living out of just these systems / services
 
Top