Hello from the Lakes

S

Steve Blackdog

Title says it all really. Sadly I have little to contribute. I am an enthusiastic amateur.

To give you an indication of my levels of stupidity, I was having problems starting my old John Deere lawn tractor. So I cleaned the carb and replaced the £6.95 aftermarket fuel pump with a £30 Briggs & Stratton genuine part. Still didn’t start. I pulled the fuel line and dipped the fuel filter in some new petrol. Bingo. I tried to drain the old fuel, only to find …. you guessed it.…the tank was empty.

Looking forward to learning from the wisdom and the mistakes of others 😉

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Title says it all really. Sadly I have little to contribute. I am an enthusiastic amateur.

To give you an indication of my levels of stupidity, I was having problems starting my old John Deere lawn tractor. So I cleaned the carb and replaced the £6.95 aftermarket fuel pump with a £30 Briggs & Stratton genuine part. Still didn’t start. I pulled the fuel line and dipped the fuel filter in some new petrol. Bingo. I tried to drain the old fuel, only to find …. you guessed it.…the tank was empty.

Welcome 😊
You got this wind at the moment ?
How far up are you?

M

Monkeybusiness

Welcome Steve - you will fit in just fine by the sound of it!

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

I don't think I've ever tried to start a machine with an empty tank 🤔.....

........ did drag the Honda izzy out of the shed, fill the drained tank with petrol, carefully turn the petrol tap off and spend a happy few hours trying to get it to go 🤭

And welcome to the strange friendly world of planttalk

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Have been to a dumper non starter before, taken the ops word for it that the battery was flat, so carried the jump pack across a large field.to find the isolator key is not turned on! Op says I wasn’t driving it before lunch and when I cam back it wouldn’t start 🤷‍♂️ didn’t offer to drive the jump pack back to the van!!

S

Steve Blackdog

Have been to a dumper non starter before, taken the ops word for it that the battery was flat, so carried the jump pack across a large field.to find the isolator key is not turned on! Op says I wasn’t driving it before lunch and when I cam back it wouldn’t start 🤷‍♂️ didn’t offer to drive the jump pack back to the van!!
Feeling reassured that it isn’t just me!