Hello from Expat in Namibia

P

PINMAN

Hi everyone. I have JCB 8018 Mini Excavator, year 2008 with 2000 hours. Just recently I have been experiencing loss of power in the rhs track/final drive.
It runs fine when first started but then starts to lose power after about 25mins of operation. The lhs track remain good regardless of how long the machine has been used.
Can anyone help out on how to diagnose what fault is causing this to happen? Regards Paul.

doobin

doobin

Hi everyone. I have JCB 8018 Mini Excavator, year 2008 with 2000 hours. Just recently I have been experiencing loss of power in the rhs track/final drive.
It runs fine when first started but then starts to lose power after about 25mins of operation. The lhs track remain good regardless of how long the machine has been used.
Can anyone help out on how to diagnose what fault is causing this to happen? Regards Paul.
Do any other functions loose power? The pump has three sections, one section will supply the left track and one the right. Other functions such as dipper and arm will also be on a pump section.

If other functions slow then it could be a worn pump. Otherwise a worn track motor or possible rotary seal?

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Do any other functions loose power? The pump has three sections, one section will supply the left track and one the right. Other functions such as dipper and arm will also be on a pump section.

If other functions slow then it could be a worn pump. Otherwise a worn track motor or possible rotary seal?
Or lack of oil in the reduction hub👍🏻

P

PINMAN

Hi Doobin. Thanks for the message. It had a new pump last year, so I don't suspect the pump, and other functions seem as normal.
There is slight leak on the oil in the reduction hub, but I periodically top it up.
Is the rotary seal situated to the rear of the planetary gears?
If I swap the hydraulics to the track motors and the problem moves to the other track motor then would that eliminate the track motor?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi Doobin. Thanks for the message. It had a new pump last year, so I don't suspect the pump, and other functions seem as normal.
There is slight leak on the oil in the reduction hub, but I periodically top it up.
Is the rotary seal situated to the rear of the planetary gears?
If I swap the hydraulics to the track motors and the problem moves to the other track motor then would that eliminate the track motor?
Doob is talking about a seal in the rotary coupling down the centre of the slew, transferring the hyds to the undercarriage ... could be leaking between galleries