Hello from Brittany France, is this a SCAM

B

Bucketmatt

Looking to buy a mini digger, and have been contacted by this lot construction-machines.co.uk
I am now retired from the plant business but this looks too cheap and must be a scam. Anybody got any further info on them, they have accounts registered with companies house.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Looking to buy a mini digger, and have been contacted by this lot construction-machines.co.uk
I am now retired from the plant business but this looks too cheap and must be a scam. Anybody got any further info on them, they have accounts registered with companies house.
Do you really believe the machinery is available at the price they offer it for???
If it seems to good to be true......don’t part with any cash unless the machine is in your possession and proved not stolen!!!!

Furniss

Furniss

Hello ........suprising you ask if you have been in the plant trade ....... its not even a good scam at that , they would be better pitching slightly lower than market value but FFS doesnt look half price from a quick look at their site 🤷‍♂️

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Some people dont look as often as us guys..

Yes they are a scam. Anything to good to be true is a scam
The scammers are brutal. Deal with phone calls only, make sure hey have a land line that translates to a UK address, ideally a registered company house company. The bank details must match the company address. The price of the machines will be 3 x the scammers prices.

Anything you find post up on here, most of our members check out classifieds a lot etc and can help including me as a used plant dealer

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
the address they use copy's across to an actual company registered there with the same name. Net worth 35k the yard picture for example shows millions of quid of plant there.. It makes no sense. The address listed takes you to a ex council and probably still some council houses. That makes no sense.

opening hours 9-5? the construction industry here has done half a day by 9 a lot of the time... again looks suss. as does the 0333 phone number

just a few things I noticed with a few minutes of investigation

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

The photo of the Bobcat E25 they have on offer is clearly in Budd plants yard, can't be many red tractor seats hanging on the wall 😀

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
the way the market is ATM .... if they aren't asking eye watering amounts for gear, they've either been in a coma for two years or they're scammers ..
end of ... :rolleyes:
just looked at their site ....... if they ain't, I'll mortgage the house and take their entire stock .......... and trebly my investment in a week (y) SCAMMERS :mad::mad:

Last edited:
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Definitely scammers.

I also recognise Andrew Wilkins Yard on their website, anybody else spot ripped off pics ?

So far I'm claiming Budd Plant and Andrew Wilkins, keeping me entertained on a bank holiday 😀

B

Brendan

There is quite a few different sites they have pinched pics from mascus and a few other sites l.
Some machines look brand new.

As always, it's worth a reverse image search, a few don't come up but it's occasionally due to something simple like flipping the image from left to right

pettsy

pettsy

E25 is in budd plants yard, the bobcat skid steer looks to be from America, Kubota U55 is Warwick ward, is the Mt732 from Ross’s yard?

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

The New Holland backhoe is pictured in Andrew Wilkins Yard