Hello diggerers

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
So fair to say 8010 is a better machine, but not 5k better? Has there been reliability issues with either?
I still run a TB108. Reason being the width....

If I was in the market it would be between a 8010 and a E10...... If I was buying with a aim to keep for more than 5 years it'd be the JCB 8010..... Hell of a machine.

If I was buying to replace in 3-5 years It's be the Bobcat.

To my mind the JCB is a better machine if you can deal with the fact it's on sticks...... the Bobcat will hold it's coin better and be a nicer tool day to day but not quite as durable.
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
If your going for the pair I'd have the E10 and a 8008 for access as there tiny but there a jumpy little thing with it.
We've had the pc20 (2.7t) in the 12x6 tipping trailer it goes fine maybe a little top heavy but nothing to write home about
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
If your going for the pair I'd have the E10 and a 8008 for access as there tiny but there a jumpy little thing with it.
We've had the pc20 (2.7t) in the 12x6 tipping trailer it goes fine maybe a little top heavy but nothing to write home about
Yeah, I was moving my E27 in my 12x6 tipper for a few months and it was fine.
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Unless it was second hand and an amazing deal I don’t think personally I’d have any machine with the older style levers in front.
The non servo have their place.
My old tb108 would do 90 offset both ways so in certain situations has a massive advantage, one of them being that you could nose the king pin out over the trench and still be able to dig due to the 90 offset, whereas the zero tail would not be possible as needs to be alot further over the trench.
Also with 90 off set you can dig like a 180 and be within 750mm of a wall, whereas the E10 needs more space due to the lack of boom swing and needing to slew to get there
 
M

Maxus

Well-known member
How does the 8010 compare to the 8008 to drive? I got on quite well with the 8008. I assumed the micros all have very similar handling characteristics.
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Yeah, I get the designs on certain machines are beneficial in tight working conditions but control wise things have moved on. I wonder why JCB have never updated the 8008/8010?
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Yeah, I get the designs on certain machines are beneficial in tight working conditions but control wise things have moved on. I wonder why JCB have never updated the 8008/8010?
Lack of interest?

Until the last few years wasn't many micros on servos, so no need to change with times. If they could do an 8010 with servos and keep the cost inline with bobcat/Kubota/takeuchi who knows what would happen.

Issues would be the cost of development, they could do a quick half arsed attempt like the u10 (if Kubota haven't patented the crap out of it) one food point to the non servo is the extra seat room for larger people not having to be wedged between the two drop down arms and having to fit your legs in the zone between the space between the ends of the arms and outside of the centre unit
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
one food point to the non servo is the extra seat room for larger people not having to be wedged between the two drop down arms and having to fit your legs in the zone between the space between the ends of the arms and outside of the centre unit

But but with a bit of thought the center pod could be done away with and tracking levers put either on thumb switches or just extra levers on the side pods
Would give loads of leg room then
Could even do two little proportional switches on each pod so can use either hand for tracking
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
But but with a bit of thought the center pod could be done away with and tracking levers put either on thumb switches or just extra levers on the side pods
Would give loads of leg room then
Could even do two little proportional switches on each pod so can use either hand for tracking
Not popped the covers off the E10 but as you said it's redundant, it needed to be there with the non servos as the levers sat on top bit not sure what purpose it really serves
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
But but with a bit of thought the center pod could be done away with and tracking levers put either on thumb switches or just extra levers on the side pods
Would give loads of leg room then
Could even do two little proportional switches on each pod so can use either hand for tracking
I'd guess tracking and blade are still levers straight onto the spool though. If they servo/prop control the whole machine you'll twine when they want 1.5 ton money for a micro
 
Danny

Danny

Well-known member
JCB salesman was out this week, he even said their micro was dated but they still shift loads of them.

Give it a year or two and i reckon they will release one with servos (y)
 
Top