T
TheBrick
New member
Hello from right down south in Dorset. Long time reader first time poster..
I am yet another mug looking to set and buy themselves hell of a job as an owner operator. Looking into some a bit different rather than the usual mini digger work so looking at smaller concrete line pumps or small drilling rig. Drilling rig thinking mini pile and exportation. Not operated either so a big unknown and other than having a go in a filed not sure how to get some knowledge. I have however been involved in the controls, hydraulics etc on both concrete pumps and drilling rig in the oil industry so have knowledge of their operation in that context but not in a smaller operation or hands on with a small machine.
There is a local market for the concrete pumping and I believe a region demand for the drilling from speaking to a few small developers.
Looking information on sources of work especially in the drilling game, what insurance I would need, regulations, gotchas in machine specification.
I know I know clueless but trying gain some more information.
I am yet another mug looking to set and buy themselves hell of a job as an owner operator. Looking into some a bit different rather than the usual mini digger work so looking at smaller concrete line pumps or small drilling rig. Drilling rig thinking mini pile and exportation. Not operated either so a big unknown and other than having a go in a filed not sure how to get some knowledge. I have however been involved in the controls, hydraulics etc on both concrete pumps and drilling rig in the oil industry so have knowledge of their operation in that context but not in a smaller operation or hands on with a small machine.
There is a local market for the concrete pumping and I believe a region demand for the drilling from speaking to a few small developers.
Looking information on sources of work especially in the drilling game, what insurance I would need, regulations, gotchas in machine specification.
I know I know clueless but trying gain some more information.