Happy New Year

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Happy New Year. From somewhere that the snow is required!! ⛷️⛷️⛷️
but have you got any ?
first time I went skiing in the late 80,s we arrived to a green Heilingengeist in Austria :cry: .... did get bused to a very nice snow field above Annenheim though :cool:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

but have you got any ?
first time I went skiing in the late 80,s we arrived to a green Heilingengeist in Austria :cry: .... did get bused to a very nice snow field above Annenheim though :cool:
If there is no snow up here I will start to believe in global warming!! High enough they snow all year around if you want to ski!!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Ti

Tignes?
was thinking more along the lines of Alp D'Huez or Les Arcs or Trois Vallee ...
can't recall if there's any glacier skiing at Val? .....
great place to ski though :love::cool:..... was there in '92 a week before the winter olympics ...
ski-ed the men's downhill, as the slopes were closing ..
did we ever get a bollocking for that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
been to Val, summer and winter
col de l'iseran june '83.jpg

Last edited:
M

Monkeybusiness

Wrong country. Austria!!
We are in the Solden valley but are higher up at Obergurgl. Will get some pics today if the promised sun shines!!
I went there with my family as a kid, lovely place! Stayed in the hotel Edelweis and Gurgl (I think it was called), my abiding memory was of a sauna/steam room area full of naked German ladies!…

V8Druid

V8Druid

Cool photo, hope you still have the jacket @V8Druid 😉
If I have I can't recall where it is ATM .... may have given it to an old GF at some point, if memory serves :rolleyes: .. got several others though and that one deffo would not fit a Druid now .... was about 11.5st back then .. still got the Zed though :giggle::giggle:
My stepson Josh, loves that pic too .. so much so, he replicated it in Aug. '10 .... we have the pair of them out on a sideboard here
col de l'iseran aug '10.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

Cool photo, hope you still have the jacket @V8Druid 😉
funny story -- 'bout an hour after that photo was taken we were riding down the main drag into/through Val D'Isere and hit a pot hole (the whole street was like the Somme) ... :oops:
you might be able to make out my riding boots strapped/bungee-ed on top of the top box in the pic. ...
well the bungee gave up the ghost and the GF smacked me on the head and shouted ''We just lost something off the back'' ...
stopped, to see me boots sat in the middle of the road :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: