Happy New Year

M

Monkeybusiness

are skid lids/crash helmets compulsory wear on the slopes these days Dan.
I always ski-ed in a nice Welsh wool flat cap :giggle: (plus hood if it was howling)
Not compulsory, no.
A mate who spent a couple of seasons snowboarding in Canada was the first of our crowd to wear a helmet in Europe approx 20 years ago and we used to take the piss out of him as thought it looked weird! It was standard attire out there (but not compulsory).
Nowadays it is unusual to see people not wearing them (similar to cycling helmets in that respect). They are actually very comfortable and it feels strange (and rather exposed tbh) not wearing one.
I’ve had some pretty heavy crashes in the past ‘pre-helmet’ and have had broken bones and seen plenty of stars over the years - not wearing one now seems bonkers really!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I've ski-ed a LOT in the late 80s/90s and never landed on me barnet ... and I was mental :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .. the two mates I used to go with wouldn't follow me sometimes :ROFLMAO: ... often parked up and waited to watch the carnage :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

T

Tintan28

Happy New Year all!

I’ve had some really good advice & craic on here over the last couple of years or so, unfortunately I can’t reciprocate it in any real meaningful way, so I thought it best to do the right thing & upgrade to the yearly subscription in acknowledgement of this.

Regards, David

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I went there with my family as a kid, lovely place! Stayed in the hotel Edelweis and Gurgl (I think it was called), my abiding memory was of a sauna/steam room area full of naked German ladies!…
You have the name correct. Not a cheap place to stay but even that place has been out done by some of the Ultra Luxury places now here.
First came here in 2008. Met the now wife whilst here. Been coming back many times and all though we have been to quite a few other places, this is one of the few Austrian resorts that you can pretty much ski in ski out. We are across the road from The Edwlwiess.
What is amazing is the amount they spend upgrading infrastructure. The French May think they started Alpine skiing but the Austrians learnt how to do it very well!!

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Happy New Year all!

I’ve had some really good advice & craic on here over the last couple of years or so, unfortunately I can’t reciprocate it in any real meaningful way, so I thought it best to do the right thing & upgrade to the yearly subscription in acknowledgement of this.

Regards, David
always apreciated, give me a pm and claim some free plant talk stickers

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 28