Gunns Contractors Ltd

Gunners

Gunners

Neil at Nasco of course. The UK's premiere Idig supplier and installer. Call now for competitive rates on how Idig can help your business

Sanders I need a catchy phrase to sell these Idigs. Got to keep up my quota now I've "soldout"

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Not everything they make will be out of the same factory. It might be wrong but i was told a few tilty manufacturers outsourced bucket manufacture a while ago now, possibly Poland?
Engcon buckets certainly made in Poland. Tilt rotators come out of Sweden along with some of the attachments as far as I am aware.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Neil at Nasco of course. The UK's premiere Idig supplier and installer. Call now for competitive rates on how Idig can help your business

Sanders I need a catchy phrase to sell these Idigs. Got to keep up my quota now I've "soldout"

"Buy a idig like me" not factually correct but meh 🤣

M

Monkeybusiness

The hitch they had in stock. The buckets were ordered in March, left the factory in April, and still havent arrived - believed stuck in customs. Who voted for Brexit! Go on, own up!.... Oh wait......🙋‍♂️
I doubt they are stuck in customs... When I ordered a hitch and buckets from them in 2019 they didn’t materialise until weeks after the proposed delivery date (which was already weeks after order). I was left with the impression that they wait for a large enough shipment to fill a wagon to keep haulage costs down (which is understandable, but frustrating when your new machine is parked up in the dealers and you have no idea when you’ll see it).
Good buckets though to be fair!

D

DaveDCB

Will be interested to see how you get on with it, is your little old one staying or is this the replacement for it?

B

Brendan

Have you gone for a separate i-dig or just getting the second machine pack?

Thomas7740

Thomas7740

Health to enjoy the new machine Ollie, hope it goes well and i am look forward to some in depth reviews on it 👍
Will you put a tilty on it at some point or be able to swap tilty between 8026 and this one?

Furniss

Furniss

Its going to be up for sale shortly now this one has arrived.

2nd machine pack, all hard wired in so I just have to swap sensors and screen over.
If you have a couple of your machines on the same job then a second machine pack is almost a necessity - I dont have one yet so decide which machine will benefit from it most on the job and put it in that, a second pack should be 1/2 the price itis tbf (although to you it probably was 🙂😉) as its a pita to keep swopping if you like things tidy in the cab.
Will be interesting to see how you mount it on a canopy machine.
I Agree Neil@nasco is brilliant.... knows the product and is very responsive to (even stupid) questions 👌

B

Brendan

If you have a couple of your machines on the same job then a second machine pack is almost a necessity - I dont have one yet so decide which machine will benefit from it most on the job and put it in that, a second pack should be 1/2 the price itis tbf (although to you it probably was 🙂😉) as its a pita to keep swopping if you like things tidy in the cab.
Will be interesting to see how you mount it on a canopy machine.
I Agree Neil@nasco is brilliant.... knows the product and is very responsive to (even stupid) questions 👌
Seem one mounted on a micro the other week, think was nasco that did that one

B

Brendan

Install looks neat, is the front plastic screen standard or something you added?

Gunners

Gunners

Well "summer" is in full swing, weathers been hit and miss but the works been flat out. Had a brief holiday away from my school work at a house I put in the ground last year, tidy up the garden, install ducts, patio dig, and install the storm and foul runs. Access is crap, the sand turns to running sand when it rains and to top it all the fence fell over so had to come up with some creative shoring. Was quite pleased how it turned out considering I used a post knocker to drive in trench sheets!
The 18z has been faultless so far, 100hrs on it now, really pleased I went zero swing and no cab after this job. Had to climb out in all directions when working down the narrow side path - cant do that with a cab. And you don't know its raining unless you are wet!

Attachments

• 2021-06-22 15.33.46.jpg
    2021-06-22 15.33.46.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 2021-06-22 15.34.07.jpg
    2021-06-22 15.34.07.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 176
  • 2021-07-01 09.18.58.jpg
    2021-07-01 09.18.58.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 2021-07-03 08.06.06.jpg
    2021-07-03 08.06.06.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 2021-07-10 16.41.56.jpg
    2021-07-10 16.41.56.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 186
Hg2702

Hg2702

How does the 18z handle the buckets ? I’m after some greedy buckets for the 302 as it’s the 1.9 / mini 3 ton machine

doobin

doobin

How does the 18z handle the buckets ? I’m after some greedy buckets for the 302 as it’s the 1.9 / mini 3 ton machine
Yeah well in that case my e10 is a mini 2t machine! 😂

Pretty much all diggers can handle a bigger bucket than standard in the right ground with a sensible operator. Bucket warehouse do 750s and 900s. Got a 750 for the e27, it’s handy. The e19 handles it, but would be much better with the 750 in the lighter shell so I might splash out on that too.

Gunners

Gunners

I'm really impressed with its stability, and it handled the 8026 grader no problem which did surprise me. My "daywork" buckets have arrived now though so I have the choice of production or a more steady pace - for either machine.
I'd do the usual thing of seeing what weight the potential new bucket will be, weigh your existing bucket, add some weight and see how it handles it?

Attachments

• 2021-06-19 11.16.06.jpg
    2021-06-19 11.16.06.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 2021-06-19 12.03.41.jpg
    2021-06-19 12.03.41.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 167
doobin

doobin

There’s a lot to be said for a lighter bucket for a machine too, depending on the job in hand. My micro 600 with a flat edge gets a lot of use on the E19, digging out front gardens where you have to be delicate in case of services, and it’s great for loading the power barrows with too.

Hg2702

Hg2702

I put a 120kg 4-1 bucket on the cat last week, fully loaded across the tracks and absolutely nothing to worry about, just need to convince myself it was a good purchase now 🤣