Good morning 3CX repair

G

Gadget

New member
Morning all, another lovely frosty day I’ve just become the owner of a 1985 3cx and the first job I’ve got to tackle is new Kingpost and carriage any tips or advice on this would be lovely,
nice to meet you all
 
Last edited:
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Morning all, another lovely frosty day I’ve just become the owner of a 1985 3cx and the first job I’ve got to tackle is new Kingpost and carriage any tips or advice on this would be lovely,
nice to meet you all
Victory plant for your parts. There's threads on this forum or similar other forums. Classic plant being one i would recommend
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Victory plant for your parts. There's threads on this forum or similar other forums. Classic plant being one i would recommend
thought they were called Vickery Plant Dyl ? ..... there are also several good FB pages that would help you in the search and the process, all with very knowledgeable, helpful people as members

forgot to post this earlier
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
thought they were called Vickery Plant Dyl ? ..... there are also several good FB pages that would help you in the search and the process, all with very knowledgeable, helpful people as members

forgot to post this earlier
Correct Graham i didn't have my glasses on today 😁
 
G

Gadget

New member
Well so far the jobs going well I’ve got everything off stripped down and the new carriage back on and the new Kingpost is all made up ready to go on hopefully tomorrow if the other half will let me go and play , what I will say is everything is heavy and tight at the back end and our wallet is a lot lighter hope everyone has a great Christmas
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
Good luck, I am pretty sure thre is a thread about kingpost replacement on Classi Machinery network, friend of mine did one a few years back and said it was not too bad to do.
 
G

Gadget

New member
Thanks for all the encouragement and a happy new year to everyone
A little update on the progress all that’s left to do is put the back arm on and bleed all the hydraulics up and she’s running lovely again
 
Top