General election

heritage machining

heritage machining

Ok so they reckon we're having a general election next year (cos they ain't gonna stretch it out any more) my dilemma is I have always voted conservative as whenever labour gets in it seems to cost me a lot of money but I can't stand sunak and his buddies don't like starmer that much either tbh which doesn't give a lot of choice really all the others have virtually zero chance of getting in except perhaps reform but of a conundrum really

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Ok so they reckon we're having a general election next year (cos they ain't gonna stretch it out any more) my dilemma is I have always voted conservative as whenever labour gets in it seems to cost me a lot of money but I can't stand sunak and his buddies don't like starmer that much either tbh which doesn't give a lot of choice really all the others have virtually zero chance of getting in except perhaps reform but of a conundrum really
2024s gonna be a big year for elections btl...
More uncertainty in the markets.😒

Million dollar conundrum.
Watch the USA then ..two blokes in there late 70s and 80s! fighting it out ..what could possibly go wrong 😖

Regards UK all I hear is folks saying same as you... I think stark reality of a known medium and stability has got to be Tories...
The stuff we've all moaned at will only get worse under labour....khan's utter shitshow in London should be a stark warning ...🤬

6feetdown

2024s gonna be a big year for elections btl...
More uncertainty in the markets.😒

Million dollar conundrum.
Watch the USA then ..two blokes in there late 70s and 80s! fighting it out ..what could possibly go wrong 😖

Regards UK all I hear is folks saying same as you... I think stark reality of a known medium and stability has got to be Tories...
The stuff we've all moaned at will only get worse under labour....khan's utter shitshow in London should be a stark warning ...🤬
As well as statsi run Wales, it'll be the same s**t or worse whoever gets in

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
It seems to be voting for the least bad. Neither of the main parties are very aspirational and with first past the post voting for anyone else is a wasted vote, or worse will split the vote on the side you prefer and let the worst in by default.
I just wish we had a few more Conservatives who really are Conservatives rather than Blairite internationalists.
They really ought to sort out this thing of the courts overrulling government policies. It undermines democracy if a party gets elected on a platform and when they try and implement it people opposed can go to court and get it stopped. I'm sure this didn't happen in the past, or am I just getting old?

Storrsy

Storrsy

It seems to be voting for the least bad. Neither of the main parties are very aspirational and with first past the post voting for anyone else is a wasted vote, or worse will split the vote on the side you prefer and let the worst in by default.
I just wish we had a few more Conservatives who really are Conservatives rather than Blairite internationalists.
They really ought to sort out this thing of the courts overrulling government policies. It undermines democracy if a party gets elected on a platform and when they try and implement it people opposed can go to court and get it stopped. I'm sure this didn't happen in the past, or am I just getting old?
I know your right about the wasted vote thing, but to me this just seems so utterly demoralising. We're literally going to spend the rest of time churning the same two parties around. When can it ever change unless people start voting for other parties?

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I know your right about the wasted vote thing, but to me this just seems so utterly demoralising. We're literally going to spend the rest of time churning the same two parties around. When can it ever change unless people start voting for other parties?
I know what you are saying and I agree, it is demoralising, but I think the only answer is to reform the parties from within. It worked for the left getting Corbin as their leader. They were obviously deluded to think he had main stream appeal to win the election, but that is not the point. I'm seriously thinking of joining the Conservative party to try and influence decisions, although my local MP is Suella Bravermann and I'm happy with her.

6feetdown

It will never change, any party other than these 2 will be ridiculed or dismissed. They do not want you to have any other choice. Shisters the lot of them

B

Brendan

All c#£&s, doesn't matter who is in charge, just changes the head of the snake. Nothing changes just the rich keeping the rich, rich.
The whole system needs redoing starting with their expenses, give them nothing, they ear enough so why should we be paying for their second or third homes, c#£&s should be staying in a Travelodge or ibis like everyone else who works away, or just move

Bob

Bob

Green party 💪
If you can explian the differance between the Green party manofesto and the communist party your our better than most excecpt one is red and one green
I will lock though the whos standing and vote for one of them but it will not be LIBLABCON party one year I went down and ask the offical why is there non of the above he said because they would win so I just write across there all wankers and put it the box .I have Coffey or lump of lard as tory MP in my area

S

Smiffy

All c#£&s, doesn't matter who is in charge, just changes the head of the snake. Nothing changes just the rich keeping the rich, rich.
The whole system needs redoing starting with their expenses, give them nothing, they ear enough so why should we be paying for their second or third homes, c#£&s should be staying in a Travelodge or ibis like everyone else who works away, or just move

There are 2 options. Either the mp's are just figureheads and we will never find out who actually runs the country. Or the mp's we see do actually run the country.

And I really do not know which is more worrying.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
There should be a tick box that says none of the above. But they darent put that as they know it'd be the result. It would show up how much distrust we actually have in any of them
have said it for decades .... give the electorate an opportunity to register a massive vote of no confidence in any of the *ankers

6feetdown

Said same years ago. Immigrant hotels would be a starting point 3 spread out so limits any security issues, give them all the same printers etc. No mortgage payments

6feetdown

There are 2 options. Either the mp's are just figureheads and we will never find out who actually runs the country. Or the mp's we see do actually run the country.

And I really do not know which is more worrying.
Civil service and judges run the cuntry