Gas bottle trolley

M

Monkeybusiness

Nice I like the white ones. I was going to say how did you get it up there and then I saw the hiab 😅. They are cool but a bit scary off road. A few seconds on the throttle and you've got to try and stop 200kg of 60mph bike on gravel or mud. A lot of fun to try and drift with all the grunt and weight.
It’s actually a black and white R, but I had a second set of plastics painted white as I liked the look of them. Now it’s done I’m not so sure about it - they definitely aren’t good looking bikes but they are brilliant fun. Can keep up with most stuff on the road and can get remarkably far off road if you give it enough commitment! They crash well too - mine has plenty of scratches but nothing bends/snaps off when you run out of talent....

craig

craig

View attachment 17946my last road bike.
I started on a xt500 and have tried most engine configurations, but I always go back to a big single. I'm currently bike less, put all my money in to tools😣 but would love a crf450l or KTM 690 enduro one day.
I had a CRF450, it was an `02, I don't think the was a X or L version then, it had been `made` enduro spec and road registered, I changed the rear sprocket for a couple of teeth more, and it transformed it especially for slow speed tricky stuff, plus it would pop the front up with nothing more than a twist of the wrist :D in 4 My mate used to recon it would spit a bit of flame out, when ridden hard.

Furniss

Furniss

It’s actually a black and white R, but I had a second set of plastics painted white as I liked the look of them. Now it’s done I’m not so sure about it - they definitely aren’t good looking bikes but they are brilliant fun. Can keep up with most stuff on the road and can get remarkably far off road if you give it enough commitment! They crash well too - mine has plenty of scratches but nothing bends/snaps off when you run out of talent....
Lovely motor the 990 .. I had a 990r Sdr ,it was 2008 with titanium headers etc and some internal work(pic not mine but identical) - it was plenty powerful enough for the road tbh and when I got the 1290r I thought the 990 was better and had just the right amount of power but I am used to the 1290 now and it has one hell of a motor.
Before that I had a TLS with Ohlins and a TLR motor in it,

20160116_174722.jpg

20170723_121953.jpg

I thought that had a good motor in it and in 1997 it did but things have moved on a bit.

Attachments

• SDR08.jpg
    SDR08.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 69
J

Jimoz

if yer's self employed and get ill, DO NOT expect any help ... especially from yer med ins. ..... if it's inherited, forget it :mad::mad::mad: ... Aviva will never have another penny out of me :mad:
Been quoted on a policy with legal and general 60 a month for 2000 income a month if can't do my job from injury. Only payable after 6 months but covers any kind of medical reason, loss of limb, loss of sight etc etc
Anyway I've heard a few bad things about legal and general paying out since.
Do you think this whole area of the industry is dodgy @V8Druid ?

craig

craig

From what I`ve heard, the people who claim their policy is the bees knees, have never had a reason to claim, the people who have wanted to claim say the opposite :unsure:.
Only payable after 6 months but covers any kind of medical reason, loss of limb, loss of sight etc etc
6 months is a long time with no money coming in, do they back date the claim to when the injury took place? Think I cant guess the answer, but would like to be proved wrong.
Do you think this whole area of the industry is dodgy
It is an insurance company.

R

Russell

I always fancied a tl1000s. I bet they will be worth good money on a few years if not already. Was only a few years ago you could get a aprillia rs250 for £1500

J

Jimoz

Yeh but the longer you delay the cheaper the monthly premium. I'd be fine not earning for a number of years but if you told me I couldn't earn a penny till retirement I'd be worried...
Sounds about right what you say with those not claiming think it's good and visa versa

Furniss

Furniss

I always fancied a tl1000s. I bet they will be worth good money on a few years if not already. Was only a few years ago you could get a aprillia rs250 for £1500
Didnt keep the TL cos it was a mongrel and woudnt appreciate - a very original TLS or TLR is something that will go up in value and they can still be found at the right money, 2 smokes have gone crazy - RGV250/KR1S/RS250 prices :eek:

999 could be a decent investment they seem a bit unloved - in the flesh I thought they were nice.

Last edited: