G-Rake

JerryRtilt

JerryRtilt

Does anyone have any experience of these? We’ve got a decent size turfing job to sort and I’m trying to decide if one of these would be a good addition to the attachment pile!
The principle looks good, but depending on the type of finish required the operator would need to be able to grade pretty accurately, maybe a job for iDig?
We used to have a Bleck stone rake behind a Kubota tractor which did a nice job, you could set it up to just flick the stones of the top into windrows and keep working them across.
Always amazes me how many stones come out of even the cleanest looking top soil😡

doobin

doobin

I can't see the point at all. It's painfully slow compared to either a stone burier or a Harley rake on a compact tractor. Why oh why would you use something hydraulically driven on a digger, with all the hydraulic losses, when you need also be grading accurately- which will be made much harder (even impossible on some machines depending upon how they flow share) by the extra demand on the hydraulic system?

M

Monkeybusiness

I can't see the point at all. It's painfully slow compared to either a stone burier or a Harley rake on a compact tractor. Why oh why would you use something hydraulically driven on a digger, with all the hydraulic losses, when you need also be grading accurately- which will be made much harder (even impossible on some machines depending upon how they flow share) by the extra demand on the hydraulic system?
I’m coming to this conclusion myself tbh, something pto driven on a compact would undoubtedly kick its arse!

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I was quite excited when i first saw them. But as others have said, I want the stones buried not flicked up to have to pick them up!!

6feetdown

Reminds me I nearly killed myself on a side slope this week...I cockily thought ah these tracs are better than I thought I mean Rory's was nigh on its side...fk thing nearly went for Burton you Muppets 🫣🤣
We nearly lost the avant today had to rescue with chains op couldn't get off as he was ballast, bank started giving way after all the rain!

1RB

1RB

IMG_0431.jpeg
I brought one at Christmas & have only used it a few times.
It needs to be bone dry to use it & doesn’t like really stony ground because I’ve bent the scrapers for the packer roller when it was wet & stony
I was after a rotovator or a power box rake to fit on the digger but no one was interested in supplying one only avant kit then I see an advert for this & thought that looks just the ticket but I’m still not convinced

I just finished a job of filling in a old fish pond & top soiling 150m2 of garden & get a better finish by levelling top soil out with grading beam, tracking it in & then scratching it back up with a spiky bar I’ve got & then hand raking for a perfect finish
IMG_0050.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The principle looks good, but depending on the type of finish required the operator would need to be able to grade pretty accurately, maybe a job for iDig?
We used to have a Bleck stone rake behind a Kubota tractor which did a nice job, you could set it up to just flick the stones of the top into windrows and keep working them across.
Always amazes me how many stones come out of even the cleanest looking top soil😡
had a couple of days on a compact with a Bleck behind it a while ago and it did a great job

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

View attachment 50131I brought one at Christmas & have only used it a few times.
It needs to be bone dry to use it & doesn’t like really stony ground because I’ve bent the scrapers for the packer roller when it was wet & stony
I was after a rotovator or a power box rake to fit on the digger but no one was interested in supplying one only avant kit then I see an advert for this & thought that looks just the ticket but I’m still not convinced

I just finished a job of filling in a old fish pond & top soiling 150m2 of garden & get a better finish by levelling top soil out with grading beam, tracking it in & then scratching it back up with a spiky bar I’ve got & then hand raking for a perfect finish View attachment 50132
Probably the best review we could have asked for.
If you are not convinced after a few uses then that says it all for me.
Am I somewhere close in thinking they where looking for £5k for them?

M

Monkeybusiness

Probably the best review we could have asked for.
If you are not convinced after a few uses then that says it all for me.
Am I somewhere close in thinking they were looking for £5k for them?
I was quoted just shy of £5500 for the 1500 wide one with a top hitch and hoses. (I hadn’t done any negotiating though).
I’m kind of glad it was so expensive as would have probably just taken a punt if closer to £3k!….

JerryRtilt

JerryRtilt

I was quoted just shy of £5500 for the 1500 wide one with a top hitch and hoses. (I hadn’t done any negotiating though).
I’m kind of glad it was so expensive as would have probably just taken a punt if closer to £3k!….
On average sized gardens I often clean up what we have with a rake bucket, track it in tight and import some decent screaned soil skim over the top, good enough for turfing, not so good if the customer wants to grow spuds🤣but nobody does.