Forum down

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Hi All

the forum is going to go down for a few hours in the next day or two as were due a upgrade to Xenforo 2.1 from 2.0 :) if you try to visit and its down please just bear with wont take long but im told it will allow for a bit more customisation etc. This is being paid for by your memberships so a big thanks to you all for that.. Rewards will be here too!
 
Bucket on wheels

Bucket on wheels

Well-known member
s**t i feel withdrawal symptoms are coming already 🥵😰…………….😃😍
 
Last edited:
craig

craig

Well-known member
I noticed a small green symbol above user names (saying online), thought I`d not noticed it before, this would explain(y)
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
Not sure if it’s my iPhone, but I can’t seem to type anything in the search box?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
one odd thing whenever I start a new thread .. and has been like it from day one .... when composing if you want to use B, I , U, or S on anything, if you click on it and drag the cursor across a word or phrase, it doesn't show up as highlighted at all,:unsure: but does 'take the command' .... I've gotten used to it, but was a little confusing at first:rolleyes:

and 'fraid I have a complaint about the new emojis ...... bloody annoying having to keep clicking on the box (which has no logo in it) when placing them in text ...... I usually write a post then go through it adding as appropriate, so have to get the emoji pane up every time i move the cursor ... old system you just moved and chose one to suit then moved on to the next.
Appreciate the extra 'faces' but they're a PITA to use ... @Regy53 , @Rivmedia
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Yes I did email our guy last night who said it’s a cashe thing as I noticed somebody had a double post

also if you highlight the word and then click bold or whatever it works fine ? Are you doing it backwards @V8Druid because if your click bold and then clicking text that isn’t bold it will default back to the text
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes I did email our guy last night who said it’s a cashe thing as I noticed somebody had a double post

also if you highlight the word and then click bold or whatever it works fine ? Are you doing it backwards @V8Druid because if your click bold and then clicking text that isn’t bold it will default back to the text
yeh I know Ross ..... what i was saying was that the highlight just doesn't show up over the text and until you click off it it doesn't show whether it's done it or not ?? ..... highlight in any other post and it shows immediately .... just odd ? :unsure: :unsure:
 
Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Just checked for errors in the logs and there is nothing showing, so if its only happening to one or two people I think its going to be cache or cookies on the device or computer your using. This is pretty common when a significant amout of backend changes happen.

Some devices can be a bit stuborn when clearing the cache etc so make sure all browsers are closed and you are logged out before clearing it.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Just checked for errors in the logs and there is nothing showing, so if its only happening to one or two people I think its going to be cache or cookies on the device or computer your using. This is pretty common when a significant amout of backend changes happen.

Some devices can be a bit stuborn when clearing the cache etc so make sure all browsers are closed and you are logged out before clearing it.
delete cookies, history, etc., daily, some times more and also empty the DNS cache daily too .... turn off and unplug every other day to clear the RAM and empty the temp. folders daily too ..... keeps the old girl 'up to speed' ;) :) .... the highlight thing, in a new thread, has been like it since day one :confused::confused: ... XP and Google Chrome-latest version .... and before you join the chorus of "buy a Mac" I like XP and none of the later stuff gives you Outlook Express, (as far as I am aware), which is my favored email platform
 
Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
I can't Mac's, Iphone user but I stopped using Apple machines about 20 years ago so the transition back to one now would cost me more in time than its worth.

That said....XP. You need to upgrade lol, Unfortauntly its not like the old days where everyone tried to keep backward compatibility in their software, doing so opens up security issues which will never be patched. XP and any version of internet explorer below Edge should be blown up, as time goes on its going to cause more issues for the user than benefits.

Being on such an old system, I can't diagnose or help with small issues such as the highlighting unless someone with a modern, up to date setup is also experiencing it. Have you tried it with a different browser such as firefox ?

P.s Latest windows versions have windows mail, although I agree im a fan of the old outlook express. You should give Firefox a try for your browser and thunderbird ( firefoxes email client ) for email. You might be surprised its just as easy as outlook used to be :)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I can't Mac's, Iphone user but I stopped using Apple machines about 20 years ago so the transition back to one now would cost me more in time than its worth.

That said....XP. You need to upgrade lol, Unfortauntly its not like the old days where everyone tried to keep backward compatibility in their software, doing so opens up security issues which will never be patched. XP and any version of internet explorer below Edge should be blown up, as time goes on its going to cause more issues for the user than benefits.

Being on such an old system, I can't diagnose or help with small issues such as the highlighting unless someone with a modern, up to date setup is also experiencing it. Have you tried it with a different browser such as firefox ?

P.s Latest windows versions have windows mail, although I agree im a fan of the old outlook express. You should give Firefox a try for your browser and thunderbird ( firefoxes email client ) for email. You might be surprised its just as easy as outlook used to be :)
I detest web mail with a passion ....... soooo much faff to maintain records of files and att.s ... only time I look in any of my web accounts' windows is to make sure they're not jammed up with crap :rolleyes: :mad: ..... aside from the ease of XP (as I am so familiar with it), it was the last of the OS,s to have Outlook Express available and IMHDO it can't be beaten for email.;)
 
Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
I detest web mail with a passion ....... soooo much faff to maintain records of files and att.s ... only time I look in any of my web accounts' windows is to make sure they're not jammed up with crap :rolleyes: :mad: ..... aside from the ease of XP (as I am so familiar with it),it was the last of the OS,s to have Outlook Express available and IMHDO it can't be beaten for email.;)

I agree with you, I use Outlook 2013 sync'd across my machines for mail in POP3 format not IMAP as i prefer to keep all records locally and not stored on a server somewhere. It does mean my outlook file storage is around 40GB now though which can be a pain when making backups :p

I've found that the switch to Windows 10 hasnt been that bad, it was worse when they took away the start menu, that certainly had some adjustment period but to be honest even then i chucked everyhting i needed on the desktop for quick access, but since they've added the start menu back it doesnt feel any different to the old windows, just faster and more secure. I don't use any of the big full screen menu or even the "APPs" though :D
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I agree with you, I use Outlook 2013 sync'd across my machines for mail in POP3 format not IMAP as i prefer to keep all records locally and not stored on a server somewhere. It does mean my outlook file storage is around 40GB now though which can be a pain when making backups :p

I've found that the switch to Windows 10 hasnt been that bad, it was worse when they took away the start menu, that certainly had some adjustment period but to be honest even then i chucked everyhting i needed on the desktop for quick access, but since they've added the start menu back it doesnt feel any different to the old windows, just faster and more secure. I don't use any of the big full screen menu or even the "APPs" though :D
thank you for your comprehensive reply ...... so the new windows 10 has full Outlook?:confused:
must admit to not having used the full blown version only express .... but from memory it's pretty similar with more features?? :unsure: .....
you've got a similar amount of mail/files/att.s stored, to me :giggle: ... A LOT :oops: going back quite some time :rolleyes:.... I try to only back up recent stuff though and add it to my existing stand alone HD folders, which I date the content of, rather than doing a full back up, each time . A lot of stuff i just save to both HDs as I go ... save s a lot of faff!
may have to go take a look at summat new, running that OS ....
's only a question of time before this old girl chucks in the towel ... be nice to retire her while she still functions, so's i can get back in if I ever need to (y)
any recommendations ??
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
thank you for your comprehensive reply ...... so the new windows 10 has full Outlook?:confused:
must admit to not having used the full blown version only express .... but from memory it's pretty similar with more features?? :unsure: .....
you've got a similar amount of mail/files/att.s stored, to me :giggle: ... A LOT :oops: going back quite some time :rolleyes:.... I try to only back up recent stuff though and add it to my existing stand alone HD folders, which I date the content of, rather than doing a full back up, each time . A lot of stuff i just save to both HDs as I go ... save s a lot of faff!
may have to go take a look at summat new, running that OS ....
's only a question of time before this old girl chucks in the towel ... be nice to retire her while she still functions, so's i can get back in if I ever need to (y)
any recommendations ??
Yes a Mac book:eek::LOL:
 
Top