Electric forklift

diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
What are they worth. How heavy would it be to weigh in
20190705_072456.jpg
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
What are they worth. How heavy would it be to weigh inView attachment 9919
That's too nice to burn 😢

From memory batteries fetch around the £200 mark (Mog will know)
Bar that there about 3t without the batteries. depending on the yard either heavy iron or burning rate.

Stick it up on facebook for £1000.... it'll go even with fkd batteries I would think.
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Sounds like a plan. I've just put a bid in to shift it for them as they want to get rid. I'm obviously doing them a hugh favour 🤣🤣
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Sounds like a plan. I've just put a bid in to shift it for them as they want to get rid. I'm obviously doing them a hugh favour 🤣🤣

I'd keep it if the batterys hold charge tbh mate. There fkn handy.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
So scrap if batteries are knackered
generally yeh ... new ones ain't cheap :oops: ... sometimes it may be one failed cell, but more often than not, they're all buggered / at the end of serviceable life span
 
R

Rob65

Well-known member
I have seen a write up of someone who put a small Diesel engine with a hydraulic pump on one of those elecy forklifts. Was something like a 10hp. Think he put a hydraulic motor to directly drive the axle and left most of the batteries on for ballast.

Does sound too hard or expensive but if not sure could be arsed to go the trouble as all you would get is a small capacity machine with such tiny wheels it would be no use on anything but hard paved ground.

Rob
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
I have seen a write up of someone who put a small Diesel engine with a hydraulic pump on one of those elecy forklifts. Was something like a 10hp. Think he put a hydraulic motor to directly drive the axle and left most of the batteries on for ballast.

Does sound too hard or expensive but if not sure could be arsed to go the trouble as all you would get is a small capacity machine with such tiny wheels it would be no use on anything but hard paved ground.

Rob
Mate of mine has a yard next to a scrap yard and he says he sees truck loads of them coming in. High reach etc.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I have seen a write up of someone who put a small Diesel engine with a hydraulic pump on one of those elecy forklifts. Was something like a 10hp. Think he put a hydraulic motor to directly drive the axle and left most of the batteries on for ballast.

Does sound too hard or expensive but if not sure could be arsed to go the trouble as all you would get is a small capacity machine with such tiny wheels it would be no use on anything but hard paved ground.

Rob
I did consider doing summat similar on my lil' leccy one ... lil' Hodna and pump ..only ever used in the shop on concrete floor ..... but the drive motor was sort of semi built into the axle/diff and looked way too much faff ... rest of it was relatively easy .
 
R

Rob65

Well-known member
Druid,

That’s basically what this guy did but there was some complications with the mast lifting.

If I recall it went up fine but didn’t lower until he took the valve to bits and modified it in some way.

Rob
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Druid,

That’s basically what this guy did but there was some complications with the mast lifting.

If I recall it went up fine but didn’t lower until he took the valve to bits and modified it in some way.

Rob
probably a check valve in it in case the pressure failed in use ... IIRC the pump ran on mine for both up and down, so maybe a pilot operated, or balanced pressure check of some sort?
 
Top