Dx10/e10 ignition

Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Went to the dx10 this morning not used it for 2-3 weeks and nothing on key turn, bit of fault finder later ignition barrel doing nothing can start it with test probe and 12v delivered. So it’s Jerry rigged and ordered a new one 120 hours! Couldn’t be bothered with warranty as they’ve ignored by other 2 inquiries about fuel gauge going wappy and joystick screw covers. Not had an ignition barrel fail on a Kubota even at 10 years or 5000 hours
 

Attachments

  • 39715759-E7D3-461D-B65E-E0FDA7404E6A.jpeg
    39715759-E7D3-461D-B65E-E0FDA7404E6A.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 9D8F3028-6D9B-4A78-97FA-FB9983BBEB19.jpeg
    9D8F3028-6D9B-4A78-97FA-FB9983BBEB19.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 179
  • A08267EE-DCD2-4405-8C80-56D40B6D2F10.jpeg
    A08267EE-DCD2-4405-8C80-56D40B6D2F10.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 7A51DAF6-59D5-4883-AABF-3D992E71A5D9.jpeg
    7A51DAF6-59D5-4883-AABF-3D992E71A5D9.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 166
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Went to the dx10 this morning not used it for 2-3 weeks and nothing on key turn, bit of fault finder later ignition barrel doing nothing can start it with test probe and 12v delivered. So it’s Jerry rigged and ordered a new one 120 hours! Couldn’t be bothered with warranty as they’ve ignored by other 2 inquiries about fuel gauge going wappy and joystick screw covers. Not had an ignition barrel fail on a Kubota even at 10 years or 5000 hours
very sad testament to a supposedly 'outdoor living' piece of kit that essentially two weeks work and that switch is bolloxed ... a piece of sh1t essentially :mad:
interesting little enclosure you have your jury rig in @Giles .. commercial mirror backing cover?? :unsure::unsure:
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
V poor! Don’t ever remember changing an ignition barrel on anything!
I’d still get the dealer to pay for a replacement , you don’t buy new to have to spend money fixing said new kit!
I’ll get onto them but needed machine today to knock garden into some shape and easier to fix then pursue. Had to drag 2 sheets of ply with me dx10 not great on soft stuff small tracks low clearance bellies out easily. But got most of it done. Glow light seems to be stuck on which is puzzling but might be symptom of failed ignition module.
 

Attachments

  • C8A5D359-4733-4121-B991-81B7F9F078A7.jpeg
    C8A5D359-4733-4121-B991-81B7F9F078A7.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 159
  • E215230A-ED30-4B0E-BA54-513F8E4754FF.jpeg
    E215230A-ED30-4B0E-BA54-513F8E4754FF.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 191
  • D595DFAA-4071-4DEC-8B94-30DEDAEA1CE9.jpeg
    D595DFAA-4071-4DEC-8B94-30DEDAEA1CE9.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 263FA626-3045-4DB7-A223-7DDA3700A901.jpeg
    263FA626-3045-4DB7-A223-7DDA3700A901.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 3C7DA9FC-08E5-4F28-A0B1-393E45CA0AD6.jpeg
    3C7DA9FC-08E5-4F28-A0B1-393E45CA0AD6.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 169
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
Ignition keypad went on my E10. (warranty £700 apparently) Loom plug is same as Bobcat skidsteer key barrel so used one as temp repair, and I know what to do if/when keypad fails.
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Seem to remember reading about a relay that’s a common fault on the E10’s. Can’t find the Facebook post now though 🤦🏻‍♂️
Be interested to read that as I’ve currently got relay unplugged for glow light
 

Attachments

  • BE2FA941-20B1-45D7-84C4-ABF1D7AC0841.jpeg
    BE2FA941-20B1-45D7-84C4-ABF1D7AC0841.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 185
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
New ignition arrived first thing no go, waiting on dousan this afternoon checked all fuses and relays I can see all good. Will start with track dumper ignition but needs 12v test probe as only getting 5v feed to ignition despite 12.89v on battery
 

Attachments

  • AC8738FB-90FD-4B53-A386-62128E4A4031.jpeg
    AC8738FB-90FD-4B53-A386-62128E4A4031.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 156
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
This deutsch connector had failed was shorting out, black stuff is burnt insulation. Under floor board machines never been jet washed 120 hours

Devlon/dousan Fitter has soldered them together not sure I’m best pleased with that but got it up and running again.
 

Attachments

  • 6BEAB2B2-E17D-4BB0-996C-0B8325EE2CCA.jpeg
    6BEAB2B2-E17D-4BB0-996C-0B8325EE2CCA.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 68C9DFB0-7F3F-406F-94AB-230E2A26B896.jpeg
    68C9DFB0-7F3F-406F-94AB-230E2A26B896.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 7DA9E5BF-9D2F-4049-986B-EAD3388AFDC2.jpeg
    7DA9E5BF-9D2F-4049-986B-EAD3388AFDC2.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 164
  • DE58697E-0BC0-4E70-8CB9-0B08FCACB803.jpeg
    DE58697E-0BC0-4E70-8CB9-0B08FCACB803.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 168
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
This deutsch connector had failed was shorting out, black stuff is burnt insulation. Under floor board machines never been jet washed 120 hours

Devlon/dousan Fitter has soldered them together not sure I’m best pleased with that but got it up and running again.
Seems a bit drastic considering a re-pin would have sorted it? I'm all for soldering but that connector was there for a reason. Rare I will remove a plug/connection from a harness, have followed a lot of mechanics who do though! Some who even just join the faulty wire across the plug and leave the rest! Not hard to order and fit new pins...
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
This deutsch connector had failed was shorting out, black stuff is burnt insulation. Under floor board machines never been jet washed 120 hours

Devlon/dousan Fitter has soldered them together not sure I’m best pleased with that but got it up and running again.
new harness/loom under warranty then ..... wouldn't be happy with less if I'd forked out for a brand new M/c and the connectors're failing at 120 hrs :mad::mad: ... could be the first of many :rolleyes::(
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
Yeah, don't think I'd be mega happy about that as a repair.

Let me know how you go on with them. I've got numbers if you need.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yeah, don't think I'd be mega happy about that as a repair.

Let me know how you go on with them. I've got numbers if you need.
right looking pig's guts that :mad: :mad: :cry::cry::cry:
 
D

Diggerdavey

Well-known member
This deutsch connector had failed was shorting out, black stuff is burnt insulation. Under floor board machines never been jet washed 120 hours

Devlon/dousan Fitter has soldered them together not sure I’m best pleased with that but got it up and running again.
I agree. Although it’s repaired I would not be satisfied with that. The loom was designed to unplug at that point for a reason. The manufacturer wouldn’t have wasted a connector if a continuous piece of wire would do. I hope that’s a temporary fix until new loom plugs arrive
 
Top