Dual Grade Laser with machine mount and squaring facility v idig

6feetdown

So wondering anyones thoughts, idig would be great but guesstimate would be 7k, or machine mount receiver and laser with true grade and squaring facility for setting out foundations etc.
Anyone have any thoughts and advice, currently using a fukuda from @Laser Levels Online which unfortunately is a green 1 so would have to buy new red 1

doobin

doobin

I don’t think you can really compare the two! Depends how much work you do that needs the accuracy. A decent machine mount receiver with plumb compensate is 2k ish, another 1k for level, mount etc and you’re at 3k for that setup. But still less than half of iDig.

Gunners

Gunners

The issue I found with machine mounted receivers on smaller machines was finding somewhere to mount it where the laser could still read it when it was in the trench. I found the laser had to be virtually on the ground to be at the right level for me to mount the receiver at the top of the dipper for anything over 1m deep.

Furniss

Furniss

I had machine mount receiver before Idig and tbh it was a pita to get accurate readings, bit like a tilt hitch versus tiltrotator ...you might as well go the whole hog.
But if going between machines with idig you need to figure in another set of cables etc( £500 ??) as swopping gets tiring fast.
And as youve got a rototilt its more expensive if you want tilt sensor ..apparently im going to have to shell out another 1400€ when the engcon comes if I want it to know when buckets tilted.

6feetdown

I looked earlier seems to be 3 versions. The latter i think is more than I need.
Any ideas on the differences

B

Brendan

Anyone had a price for the new idig the basic version but with the 3d upgradable screen

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

I’ve got Fred’s idig . It’s being fitted to the 7 tonne hitachi and as soon as I get to do anything with it I will post it up . I’ve also got his old spectra arm mount . It worked fine stripping a site with 13 tonner on my own with a laser with gradient but as gunners says it would be difficult to mount to a smaller machine . I’m hoping that both will have their place for my work

6feetdown

I’ve got Fred’s idig . It’s being fitted to the 7 tonne hitachi and as soon as I get to do anything with it I will post it up . I’ve also got his old spectra arm mount . It worked fine stripping a site with 13 tonner on my own with a laser with gradient but as gunners says it would be difficult to mount to a smaller machine . I’m hoping that both will have their place for my work
How did you get on Vin?