Dowty washer

M

Mea38

Member
See pic below of a bolt from the quick hitch solenoid valve block. The plastic seal at the top is broken. It is tapered. Would a dowry washer be an alternative?
83A8EE00-BE58-4081-953F-7C1D06AC8BEE.jpeg
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Or a copper ring washer might do this job. All depends on what you can get that fits good.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Or a copper ring washer might do this job. All depends on what you can get that fits good.
like a copper/asbestos compression washer ?? or a solid washer ....... I'd be going a tight nitrile o ring personally
 
M

Mea38

Member
Thanks I’ll give an o ring a try as I have a few. I can’t see into it but does feel that it sits into something
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Thanks I’ll give an o ring a try as I have a few. I can’t see into it but does feel that it sits into something
looking at it i doubt it'll need to be too big a cross section either .. probs 1.5mm maybe - 2mm max.
 
Top