Don't read this!

S

Splosh

Member
Hi everyone.

I've been on the railway for about 2 decades, but swapped to plant now. Had a couple of years on groundcare machines and small plant, so looking forward to the bigger stuff!

Looks like a friendly place here - no doubt I'll be asking a few questions, and hopefully (in time) be able to supply some answers too.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Hi Splosh
welcome to the forum!
did you operate plant on the railway?
 
S

Splosh

Member
Hi Splosh
welcome to the forum!
did you operate plant on the railway?
No - locomotives and multiple units, but played around with small track plant in my spare time (110v generators, petrol rail saws etc).
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
No - locomotives and multiple units, but played around with small track plant in my spare time (110v generators, petrol rail saws etc).
What sort of locomotives did you drive ? That’s what I wanted to do since I was a kid , before I got the calling to plant
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
I hope you took plenty of pictures. I love seeing these machines in bits in preservation workshops. Wouldn’t mind doing some volunteering on the Nene Valley when I retire, if I’m still up to it.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I only drove a few locos round yards as I was repairing them - 08's, 37's, 47's, 56's and 57's mostly, with a few others occasionally.
Any westerns or deltics or would they of been gone before your time ?
it’s great seeing the old 37s still pulling freight up this way
 
S

Splosh

Member
Driven a Western in preservation and only a cab ride on a Deltic. Personally, opposing pistons are a bit mad!
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
I only drove a few locos round yards as I was repairing them - 08's, 37's, 47's, 56's and 57's mostly, with a few others occasionally.
Love the Class 37 🥰
2000bhp V12 you can’t beat the clagg on startup and the wonderful sound during a tunnel thrash 😉
1620163654493.jpeg

A few years ago spent a weekend driving this one 😎
 
Top