Dipper bushes on Neuson 1503RD

Routy56

Routy56

Few days in the workshop this week. So I thought I’d have a go at replacing the bushes for the pin that holds the bucket on the end of the dipper 🙄
ED419833-AEBE-471B-9DA2-9456780051D4.jpeg

Nice new bushes from Neuson ready to slip in...
F98A6E20-4023-4321-9003-F41C07F1A4C0.jpeg

Whilst at it thought I’d shim up the wear using these laser cut washers. And tack weld them on the dipper arm 😎

So, first question for my wise friends on this forum is HTF do you get the old ones out 😬
Tried banging them with a drift and lump hammer from the inside...
No doubt there is a best workshop practice that I need to adopt 😅
Clean suggestions most welcome

Routy56

Routy56

57ABD5F0-18BB-49F6-BB72-808478EC39A8.jpeg

Once I’d had some cake I managed to keep wacking with lump hammer and drift and the first one popped out 👍🏻
Mind you bloody noisy with dipper wedged against the anvil on me knee beside it 😅

Routy56

Routy56

Second one out 👍🏻
Should have this all wrapped up before SWMBO served up Sunday dinner 🤪

Mark

Mark

Welding them works wonder buddy that’s how we take the bushes out the 20 ton plus size digger we have.

Routy56

Routy56

Here's a snap of the dipper arm with the new bushes and shims welded in place :p
IMG_7839.jpeg

Note the new nipple caps (oh er matron!) - no expense spared here :D
Wish I had a quick hitch :geek:

doobin

doobin

Just buy one mate! It's a must for your type of work. How long each day do you spend getting covered in grease sticking sand into your pins? I reccommend a Harford Wedgelock. Around £600 and well worth the extra. You tighten the wedge up with a ratchet to stop any slop.

I gave my mini her 1500 hour birthday yesterday with some laser cut shims on the hitch, tipping links and the main boom pin. Much better than those shitty plastic shims so many machines come with these days.

Routy56

Routy56

Just buy one mate! It's a must for your type of work. How long each day do you spend getting covered in grease sticking sand into your pins? I reccommend a Harford Wedgelock. Around £600 and well worth the extra. You tighten the wedge up with a ratchet to stop any slop.

I gave my mini her 1500 hour birthday yesterday with some laser cut shims on the hitch, tipping links and the main boom pin. Much better than those shitty plastic shims so many machines come with these days.
Great advice - I'll get one sorted within the next week hopefully.
With 5 assorted buckets and a landscape rake it will make sense.
Better note let SWMBO know who is waiting for me to do her a new kitchen :ROFLMAO:
And yes, now think I'll shim up the rest of the link and pins (y)