• IMG_20231115_135000197.jpg
    IMG_20231115_135000197.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20231115_134954873.jpg
    IMG_20231115_134954873.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 107
R

Russell

If the last two pics actually get me some work, Ill probably get lifting ops and blue next.

Last edited:
R

Russell

I would like to ring round some big firms , people that do big infastrcture stuff, in the new year as thats the type of thing im really after .
However being an isle of wighter I dont know of any names.
Ive seen Kier, flanery plant hire and knights of brown (odd name ) and Danny sullivan.
Can anyone think of others?
With a bit of luck ill be doing a telehandler ticket early in the new year🤞

S

Smiffy

I would like to ring round some big firms , people that do big infastrcture stuff, in the new year as thats the type of thing im really after .
Ive seen Kier, flanery plant hire and knights of brown (odd name ) and Danny sullivan.

Kier don't really employ machine drivers.
Lynch is another big plant hire firm.
Bam nuttal
Natta
Landbuild

1RB

1RB

What’s the head on that? Any good?
It’s a gmt 050 off a merlo but we’ve made an adapter bracket up to fit on digger for a bit of a test. The TTC that locks up the swivels & tilt ram via a foot switch lets you get it on some awkward branches.
It’s just needs a bit more reach so we’re going to try it on a 210 long reach next time

M

Monkeybusiness

It’s a gmt 050 off a merlo but we’ve made an adapter bracket up to fit on digger for a bit of a test. The TTC that locks up the swivels & tilt ram via a foot switch lets you get it on some awkward branches.
It’s just needs a bit more reach so we’re going to try it on a 210 long reach next time
Thought it was a GMT. Great design/idea, a mate didn’t have much luck with one on an excavator though (he was probably using it for more than it is designed for to be fair).
I’m nervous that a digger is possibly ‘too much’ on the end of one of those (particularly a 21 tonner!) - at least a roto is slow and steady with lights and alarms etc.

1RB

1RB

Thought it was a GMT. Great design/idea, a mate didn’t have much luck with one on an excavator though (he was probably using it for more than it is designed for to be fair).
I’m nervous that a digger is possibly ‘too much’ on the end of one of those (particularly a 21 tonner!) - at least a roto is slow and steady with lights and alarms etc.
Got a westtech 750 aswell to go on the merlo which is the go to tool to get stuff on the floor but is heavy & not as movable & on ash it’s fine but when you get a big awkward tree the the gmt comes out first.
I did try hooking the westtech on the 14 tonner but it’s a bit too heavy for that
IMG_1080.jpeg

M

Monkeybusiness

Got a westtech 750 aswell to go on the merlo which is the go to tool to get stuff on the floor but is heavy & not as movable & on ash it’s fine but when you get a big awkward tree the the gmt comes out first.
I did try hooking the westtech on the 14 tonner but it’s a bit too heavy for that
View attachment 55554
That’s what I’m really really trying not to buy (but really really might end up with!).

1RB

1RB

That’s what I’m really really trying not to buy (but really really might end up with!).
They are strong but this one has just a new rotator put on it because the the lads were rotating too bigger lumps of pine to the floor because they didn’t have the room to tilt it forward & the rotator shat it self.
I do like the vosch because they are a lot lighter but with the 4 hydraulic motors on they still have a fair bit of rotation power. Either way the price tags are only going up & you need to be sitting down for any quotes. I did see a westtech with two rotate motors on at the apf that looked beefy

R

Russell

I've been playing in the shed with a bit of wood work for the mother and father in law. One is a table top, first time I've had a go with dowels. The other is a little z gate.
Also I'm booked on a telehandler course in march.

Attachments

• IMG_20240105_143740963.jpg
    IMG_20240105_143740963.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20240105_143730588.jpg
    IMG_20240105_143730588.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
D

DaveDCB

Got to renew my Cpc’s blue card again shortly, I don’t know why I keep doing it tbh! I think it’s more of a if something happens at least I can wave some plastic at someone and plead that the computer says I know what I’m doing?! 🤗 plus I paid far too much for it to let it just expire!

diggerjones

diggerjones

Got to renew my Cpc’s blue card again shortly, I don’t know why I keep doing it tbh! I think it’s more of a if something happens at least I can wave some plastic at someone and plead that the computer says I know what I’m doing?! 🤗 plus I paid far too much for it to let it just expire!
I'm in the same boat. Will have to check mine

C

charlie2

thats knights brown formerly raymond brown good firm.