Credit accounts

D

DaveDCB

I personally hate them, but they they seem to be more commonly required to do business with certain companies, ie my concrete suppler , I have spent the last 5 years just calling up ordering concrete and paying upfront or at the end of the job no probs but due to the company using a national call centre I now need a credit account, no problem I filled the forms out and 24hrs later I get 25k credit - great!

This week I rung my local JCB dealer who I am now required to use due to changing location because I’m out of TCH area, they say in order to send a fitter out I need a credit account - no probs ill sort paperwork and send it back, response is ‘we won’t give you an account’ what a bloody farce this all is! I’m awaiting a reason before I take it further!

Rant over. 😂

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I personally hate them, but they they seem to be more commonly required to do business with certain companies, ie my concrete suppler , I have spent the last 5 years just calling up ordering concrete and paying upfront or at the end of the job no probs but due to the company using a national call centre I now need a credit account, no problem I filled the forms out and 24hrs later I get 25k credit - great!

This week I rung my local JCB dealer who I am now required to use due to changing location because I’m out of TCH area, they say in order to send a fitter out I need a credit account - no probs ill sort paperwork and send it back, response is ‘we won’t give you an account’ what a bloody farce this all is! I’m awaiting a reason before I take it further!

Rant over. 😂

I hate credit accounts with a passion, but I'd be telling the new JCB dealer to get f***ed and ringing TCH or Better yet JCB HQ with the problem...

I bet it's Holts, Is it Holts?

D

DaveDCB

I hate credit accounts with a passion, but I'd be telling the new JCB dealer to get f***ed and ringing TCH or Better yet JCB HQ with the problem...

I bet it's Holts, Is it Holts?

Nope Gunn, probably don’t like me as they sent a low loader in to my yard and ripped my gates out, so I sent them the £800 repair bill 😂

Id happily use TCH and have done since I setup but it’s a 100mile round trip before they do any work and at a billion pound(over exaggerated obviously!) a mile charge I simply refuse pay it. Gunn’s are only 10miles away.

If the response isn’t satisfactory I’ll be calling JCB HQ, why have a dealer network if they won’t ‘deal’!!

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Nope Gunn, probably don’t like me as they sent a low loader in to my yard and ripped my gates out, so I sent them the £800 repair bill 😂

Id happily use TCH and have done since I setup but it’s a 100mile round trip before they do any work and at a billion pound(over exaggerated obviously!) a mile charge I simply refuse pay it. Gunn’s are only 10miles away.

If the response isn’t satisfactory I’ll be calling JCB HQ, why have a dealer network if they won’t ‘deal’!!
I'd blame @Gunners

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
You don't need to use it as a credit account, you can just pay as soon as the bill arrives. I can see why they would want to credit score customers when they may be supplying thousands of pounds worth of labour and materials and there are some right chancers out there. Pain in the whatsit though having to fill out all the forms.

Gunners

Gunners

I had a similar problem a few years ago. They would only give me a £500 limit for an account with service, no worries I thought. However, a service is more than £500..... so they couldnt do one as my limit wasnt high enough, and I couldnt pay up front for some reason, had to be on account.... That put them in a spin until someone up the chain grew some balls and allowed me the £50 since I had 3 machines at the time!
Literally a computer says no issue.

S

Smiffy

Set up the account ring them up and tell them I'll pay instantly so what discount will you get as they will have there money straight away and not have to wait for it
Some will some wont

D

DaveDCB

They won’t even give me an account full stop , I must just be a real pain in the ass! 😁lets see if they turn up tomorrow, I have pre-paid them for this one off visit, they didn’t show on Wednesday!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

Rant over. 😂
you're probably not credit worthy ... 'cos you've always paid up front/on the nail and have therefor no established credit rating ... fkn ridiculous ain't it :mad: :mad: ... used to encounter it all the time with companies i didn't deal with often .... and by the time you needed to again the a/c had been closed due to infrequency of use :rolleyes::mad: .... wottashambles

M

Monkeybusiness

@DaveDCB - are you somewhere near Mogman? Have you tried John Bownes? They are JCB dealers (but not sure how far into construction machines they go).

V8Druid

V8Druid

if you're on FB .... air your grievance loudly on there, preferably on Jake's page, .... they ALL pay attention to what gets posted on there

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I get frustrated nowadays when firms wont offer us credit to be honest, because we are new or they are just being awkward. Its just much easier as a business to have things sent to us when we need them rather than pay upfront or set payments up etc. We never pay late and never have done I usually just get the bills at the end of the month and pay them all including any that were sent a few days prior.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
We have a customer who hasn't paid their account since may last year! They will pay but by f*#k they drag it out

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Ah but remember when you live and work in a area similar to a fish bowl you to bide your time and get your second bite of the cherry ;)

V8Druid

V8Druid

Ah but remember when you live and work in a area similar to a fish bowl you to bide your time and get your second bite of the cherry ;)
....... and make up for the wait ;)

D

DaveDCB

you're probably not credit worthy ... 'cos you've always paid up front/on the nail and have therefor no established credit rating ... fkn ridiculous ain't it :mad: :mad: ... used to encounter it all the time with companies i didn't deal with often .... and by the time you needed to again the a/c had been closed due to infrequency of use :rolleyes::mad: .... wottashambles
I’d probably agree but I’ve just rough added up my credit limits with various companies and It’s nigh on 200k between them all! what’s another 1k on top of that 🤷‍♂️ Like I said I don’t even want credit with them, I don’t want to use them I just have to! I use Tch parts still, just pick them up when I’m passing.

Good point on John Bownes, if Gunn’s are even 30mins late tomorrow I’ll cancel and try John, they sell loads of agg loadalls so I bet they can sort it, same ECU I’d say 👍🏼

V8Druid

V8Druid

I get frustrated nowadays when firms wont offer us credit to be honest, because we are new or they are just being awkward. Its just much easier as a business to have things sent to us when we need them rather than pay upfront or set payments up etc. We never pay late and never have done I usually just get the bills at the end of the month and pay them all including any that were sent a few days prior.
'S how i used to run ... pay on the nail and you get (or should) top class service , suppliers who actively seek your business and are pleased to have you on the phone. if they piss you off, they only get one chance ... there're plenty of others out there, only too glad to deal with you.

Left hooker

Left hooker

if you're on FB .... air your grievance loudly on there, preferably on Jake's page, .... they ALL pay attention to what gets posted on there
Next day the rep from holts bodmin rang after this post 🤣

Screenshot_20191212-201030.png