6
Yes the ground is awful made up with all sorts of crapIt's always scary underpinning the corner it always feels like there's nothing under the house literally!
It's always scary underpinning the corner it always feels like there's nothing under the house literally!
Cant even add it to my policy, the previous renewal which was taken out via a broker with an insurer that if needed could add it, decided when it came to being asked for it that it couldn't be addedMy insurance removed under pinning from my most recent renewal, never done much of it and never had a problem but my broker mentioned it recently something about huge problems in London with basements etc I’m only 200 miles from the big smoke lol
Cant even add it to my policy, the previous renewal which was taken out via a broker with an insurer that if needed could add it, decided when it came to being asked for it that it couldn't be added
Doesn't underpinning require something like a 30 year guarantee
wonder how far they've dug down under it ???
why?? .. had it dropped?last year during first lockdown I got a bit bored and decided to lift my garage up about 6" at the back I had already ask a local Helix screw pile contractor and I thought it was a keen price but could not get his mini digger around it think it was someting like £800 per pile to a certian depth then so much a mtr so I dug a hole under footing and found some concrete blocks cut them in half and put on a 16 ton jack and jacked them into the ground and keep putting a new half block untill it would not go down any more then i went all around the garage,rear I went down about 1.7mtrs front over 2 mtrs.Then put a few jacks under totaling 72 tons and jacked up the back 6" .I had a few trench acrows cut them down and put them under the footings and concreted them in,then dug under footings between piles and concreted under then drilled through floor and washed sand under floor
when I built my home 30 odd years ago I had may gurney pile the bungalow when I went to build the garage I had a problem with a nieghbour about piling my garage so the building inspector agreed I could raft it and it was worked out it would sink about 4" trouble was it sank more at the back than the frontwhy?? .. had it dropped?
that was annoyingwhen I built my home 30 odd years ago I had may gurney pile the bungalow when I went to build the garage I had a problem with a nieghbour about piling my garage so the building inspector agreed I could raft it and it was worked out it would sink about 4" trouble was it sank more at the back than the front
how did this go did you have to tighten up the gap after you concreted it and stitch brickwork or was it concrete it and leaveUnderpinning single storey extension, limited access 1.9m deep before we hit firm ground, shuttering part complete.
A lot more to do!
View attachment 28100
We've concreted, reinstated patio but hope to go back later this week to tie it back.how did this go did you have to tighten up the gap after you concreted it and stitch brickwork or was it concrete it and leave
This 1 was too. The problem was it was a big extension with limited access thats why they decided on the underpinning routeLuckily so far anything I’ve come across which needs under pinning is single story, works out a lot less hassle to knock it down and rebuild of decent footings. Plus no issues when you come to sell ref warranty