Correct spacing

J

Jimoz

Well-known member
On a job I'm on
 

Attachments

  • 20200923_080059.jpg
    20200923_080059.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 304
Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Well-known member
It’s a multi box form the main normally 2inch feed and can be from 4 upwards outlets used for the likes of apartments..I know over here in Northern Ireland that will b a t piece off a bigger main to feed that multbox and should reall be once piece from main to box.. to many possibilities of leaks.. is that off a saddle on the main? Can’t make it out? If it is that’s a big no no over here anything over inch isn’t allowed on a saddle has to be a t piece..
Jordy
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
I think it's a multi service box as discussed but don't think there's any flats here must be for 4 of the houses. Imagine if there's ever a problem with those elbows digging that up! Also so much for 750mm those boxes don't even look that deep it's like the single telescopic ones very rarely see them in at 750...
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
The work here is honestly dog poo. I'm taking a few pics here and there. Keeping my work half right bloke was well chuffed with my joinery but id never buy one of these f****ng things.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I did wonder with all those joints .... a lot of potential for future grief .... and not very deep at all for water :oops:
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
Plenty wrong with Philmac.....

Plasson is the only way forward.
I agree with you on a lot of things. But I’m drawing a line at this!

In the kindest possible way your talking utter f****ng bollocks!

But I suppose someone has got to buy the Plasson shite? 🤷‍♂️
Your f****ng welcome to it! 😂🤦‍♂️
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
I've had no problems with plasson asking as long as the pipe isn't scratched those philmacs though leak if they get featured from the position where they were tightened
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
I agree with you on a lot of things. But I’m drawing a line at this!

In the kindest possible way your talking utter f****ng bollocks!

But I suppose someone has got to buy the Plasson shite? 🤷‍♂️
Your f****ng welcome to it! 😂🤦‍♂️
Picked up some of the 3g multi pipe fittings, no inserts and slip coupler. Easy enough to use and have a couple in the van for any potential pipe issues
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Plasson is the way forward... IF you know what your doing. 😂.

They rely on the O ring being a precision fit to the pipe... So if your a fan of squashing pipe or dragging it miles they won't be your friend 😂.

But no spanners . If you have the chamfering tool no inserts (as you don't crush onto the pipe) and no problems

Philmacs are wank by comparison you need education James 😂
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Only good thing about philmac (and it's part of their problem) is they are a more compact fitting so if you're doing a repair or alteration and you haven't much space they can be easier to use. It's part the reason they leak of you disturb them or don't get the pipe inserted straight as they are a v shallow fitting. Always have a few philmac for tight spots but mostly plasson.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Plasson user here. No problems for me, only times I’ve seen bad ones is cowboy fitment.. hacksaw cut off, battered pipe & not pushed on enough 🤦‍♂️
 
Top