Coronavirus

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I was reading the news just now and they were saying 1.9 million people still on furlough! I thought everything was open. What do those people do that still don't need employees, but are not bust? How can we afford to still be paying 1.9 million people to do nothing?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Dang that's cold. Easy to say until it's someone you love...

f**k it, It's a simple reality....... To be blunt the world population has more than doubled since the 60's..... Exponential growth is bad.

I'm no environmentalist but I am a Realist.... World has too many people.... more so too many useless people.....

1627578517866.png

J

Jimoz

I was trying to find number of unemployed to get scale. Think it was about 1.6m at present so could potentially double overnight. Funnily enough was a lot higher 2013ish but may be a lot more under employed now?
I know one chap in furlough who is getting the bullet when it finishes according to his gaffer. I hope he's been saving up to pay his redundo 20 odd years on the books

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
I was trying to find number of unemployed to get scale. Think it was about 1.6m at present so could potentially double overnight. Funnily enough was a lot higher 2013ish but may be a lot more under employed now?
I know one chap in furlough who is getting the bullet when it finishes according to his gaffer. I hope he's been saving up to pay his redundo 20 odd years on the books

I would actually say the furlough has been a clever way of preventing a mass liquidation of LTD companies........ To furlough or loan you need to commit to continuing on......

Bri963

Bri963

It's ok saying that but let's assume we achieve 100% vaccine coverage. Then theoretically 100% of hospitalized covid patients will have been vaccinated. What will your mindset be then? The rational person assesses their risk and acts accordingly. Negatives of jab outweigh benefit for me. For my mum not so much, for my nan it's a no brainer.
That’s what they call a “Straw Man” argument. On the current numbers, it doesn’t look like many who’ve been jabbed will be hospitalised, but then no-one on either side has a crystal ball. If the numbers in hospital drop from the current tens of thousands to hundreds who’ve been jabbed, my mindset will be exactly the same as it is now. I’m not deciding for anyone else.

I really couldn’t give a toss whether anyone else has the jab or not, I don’t give a toss for their reasons, and certainly not sitting in judgement. After all, some rational people buy Carter excavators. Individual choice either way. I had more ill effects from my last flu jab than I have from the COVID jab.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
f**k it, It's a simple reality....... To be blunt the world population has more than doubled since the 60's..... Exponential growth is bad.

I'm no environmentalist but I am a Realist.... World has too many people.... more so too many useless people.....

View attachment 26495
three natural population controllers ..... famine, pestilence and war ......
famine whilst horrendous for those suffering it occurs because their environment can not support the over population .... it has happened for millenia ... just that we are able to 'watch' it as it happens these days ... no amount of 'aid' is going to cure the problem, just delay the inevitable.
pestilence comes in many forms ... we're sure as hell seeing one version, thinning the population out .... again it has happened for millennia, etc.
war ..... lots of little uns happening all over the place, thinning it out a bit. Currently too ****ing busy with the pestilence to even think about having a full on WWIII
as Rory says .... the world is massively over populated and now 1.7B Chinese are no longer restricted to one child only .. :oops::censored::cry::mad:

K

Keif

View attachment 26495
If you're serious about it start with killing yourself and your family😂 jk of course.

K

Keif

If you're serious about it start with killing yourself and your family😂 jk of course.
Scratch that and reverse it. I guess start with family, then yourself. Just being a realist😂 of course please don't, shouldnt have to say that but some people don't find the same things funny as me.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Scratch that and reverse it. I guess start with family, then yourself. Just being a realist😂 of course please don't, shouldnt have to say that but some people don't find the same things funny as me.

It's alright laughing, but what other reality is there..... 3-4 billion extra souls in 60 years. Bear in mind food has never been plentiful.

I'm no fan of ecomentalism, but the idea that humanity is vastly stretching the viable potential of the world's usable landmass is not wrong..... Part of the reason that all joking aside I'm not fussed about having kids.

Reality is I don't think people are wrong when it comes to the view that nature has a way of redressing the scales..... I think we have been very lucky that this pandemic has been a pretty mild and pathetic one. The actual mortality rates haven't deviated massively from the norm.

On a individual level it is very sad, and we aren't ants...... But equally I do utterly question people's desire to live super long lives, it seems the modern desire is to cling to life money and power regardless if it is going to provide enjoyment or not.

Going back to the Vax..... Its s**t or bust. In the unlikely event it transpires there is a serious side effect and the attitude of less haste more speed catches up with the world we might do more harm than being diligent.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Did few hours at local ag show. Must have been a good few thousand folk...not a mask in sight...not one 😉 even in all the indoor tents etc...folk round here are more normal than the media gives em credit for.

doobin

doobin

Did few hours at local ag show. Must have been a good few thousand folk...not a mask in sight...not one 😉 even in all the indoor tents etc...folk round here are more normal than the media gives em credit for.
At the local cafe the other day. Some old **** was going on about how the 'young uns' should be forced to be vaccinated. I was with the missus so I held my tongue.

We are all sat at tables maybe three to four feet apart. No windows open- it's an old courthouse and they don't open. This old prick has sat here within ten feet of twenty different people for the last half hour, and five feet from the door. He gets up to leave, and puts his mask on. No critical thinking skills whatsoever. What a boomer wanker.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

At the local cafe the other day. Some old **** was going on about how the 'young uns' should be forced to be vaccinated. I was with the missus so I held my tongue.

We are all sat at tables maybe three to four feet apart. No windows open- it's an old courthouse and they don't open. This old prick has sat here within ten feet of twenty different people for the last half hour, and five feet from the door. He gets up to leave, and puts his mask on. No critical thinking skills whatsoever. What a boomer wanker.
They walk amongst us.😒

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I am hearing this week of friends of friends that have passed away “with” covid. Both having been jabbed.
I would really like to see the detail in the data of age groups of those testing positive. Drop in numbers this week does make me wonder if now that the schools are out for summer there is not as many kids testing positive.
We are being fed crap data regarding the hospital numbers as it is now clear that something like 1 in 4, in some areas 1 in 3, the hospital figures include admitted into hospital for other conditions not related to covid, but then test positive after being admitted!!

J

Jimoz

I am hearing this week of friends of friends that have passed away “with” covid. Both having been jabbed.
I would really like to see the detail in the data of age groups of those testing positive. Drop in numbers this week does make me wonder if now that the schools are out for summer there is not as many kids testing positive.
We are being fed crap data regarding the hospital numbers as it is now clear that something like 1 in 4, in some areas 1 in 3, the hospital figures include admitted into hospital for other conditions not related to covid, but then test positive after being admitted!!
I thought it was majority of hospital patients ie over 50%

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
My personal fav masker thing is them frowning at you as they squeeze by..... I like to do a little fake cough