Coronavirus

J

Jimoz

I saw that in the news . That’s a case of a teacher trying to teach the next generation about how not to offend people on the basis of their religion and he got sacked . If using the image was inappropriate material to use when discussing blasphemy then he should of been asked to find an alternative method and carry on the good work . He could of even used the situation as an example in his lesson but to want rid of him is madness
Yeh the irony is crazy. It digresses from the thread and the Rona a bit but does show freedoms under attack.
Wait till the vax passport comes in will be crazy times then. After my mp told me they were not intending to...

T whiting

T whiting

I saw that in the news . That’s a case of a teacher trying to teach the next generation about how not to offend people on the basis of their religion and he got sacked . If using the image was inappropriate material to use when discussing blasphemy then he should of been asked to find an alternative method and carry on the good work . He could of even used the situation as an example in his lesson but to want rid of him is madness
I'd suspect that it was a good excuse to get rid of someone or a group they have wanted rid of for a bit probably to be replaced by someone of a appropriate religion for the school

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
If you read the article they say, they don’t want to. Implement it for shops etc or there trying not to. It’s just big scare tactics and manipulation

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Haven’t they said that it won’t be necessary for pubs and restaurants etc?
That industry has suffered enough, surely, making them implement such a policy is unreasonable and will reduce their customer base even further?

I know a guy who works for a large supermarket chain, he’s involved in the logistics department, sending the stock to stores etc, he says he’s never seen anything like it, alcohol demand is a Christmas levels +. Many of the people who are now drinking at home will maybe not return to the pubs.

J

Jimoz

Don't know what to believe regarding it's origins.
All I know is I look around and don't see bodies piling up. Mortuaries aren't overflowing. Spanish, or the 1918 flu most afflicted younger people in 20-30 age range which was why it was more worrying. There were news blackouts restricting reporting to prevent panic. This scamdemic comes with its own propaganda.

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Just wondered how many people believe the Chinese line about eating bats?
I expect they do. Looking at pictures of some of their markets they will eat most things. More of a problem is their attitude to animal husbandry and hygiene.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it had escaped accidentally from the military research lab in Wuhan. They admit to messing about with viruses there and I know we are careful and have had leaks so no reason to suppose they are infallible, especially given the reports of condition in the complex. I know someone who went there just after it opened and he has said he wouldn’t go back, they were too blasé about safety and he is a mad scientist so it must be pretty bad.

B

bobthebuilder

I expect they do. Looking at pictures of some of their markets they will eat most things. More of a problem is their attitude to animal husbandry and hygiene.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it had escaped accidentally from the military research lab in Wuhan. They admit to messing about with viruses there and I know we are careful and have had leaks so no reason to suppose they are infallible, especially given the reports of condition in the complex. I know someone who went there just after it opened and he has said he wouldn’t go back, they were too blasé about safety and he is a mad scientist so it must be pretty bad.
having travelled thru cambodia,vietnam,hong kong and china,i can tell you they will eat anything and everything

J

Jimoz

Ditto gecko

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210406-162328_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-162328_Samsung Internet.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20210406-162321_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-162321_Samsung Internet.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20210406-162340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-162340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210406-162334_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210406-162334_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 55
J

Jimoz

Think I'll be sticking with the virtual pub for a while yet. Text a few regulars No body I know is going back.
Screenshot_20210409-181118_Samsung Internet.jpg

J

Jimoz

The consensus

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210410-065510_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210410-065510_WhatsApp.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210410-065537_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210410-065537_WhatsApp.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20210410-071103_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210410-071103_WhatsApp.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 53
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
I do wonder, especially as we are due to hit herd imunity on Monday, if there is more to the pub thing. For years the chief medical officer has been trying to reduce alcohol consumption - remember when she said every time you reach for a glass of wine to consider the cancer risks? A lot of the "establishment" are very pro European and would love to replace our pub culture with a wining and dining culture. So they can kill two birds with one stone, destroy our pub culture and reduce drinking. The only trouble is it will only destroy pubs, home drinking will just continue on a higher level (at a cheaper cost). Maybe I'm just paranoid and the people who make decisions love our pub culture, but it doesn't feel like it.