Christmas

Stubota86

Stubota86

Well-known member
Decided to treat the company to a new earth auger ahead of some fencing jobs. Can’t recommend @Dr pecker highly enough - Digga unit is a cracking bit of kit, seriously well engineered and a he’s great guy to deal with! Thanks again, Nigel.

Happy Christmas to you all, another year of great threads and advice on this forum.

All the best for 2021
Stu
 

Attachments

  • E4A80406-0F8E-4EA5-8FE2-AA2C7C12817F.png
    E4A80406-0F8E-4EA5-8FE2-AA2C7C12817F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Decided to treat the company to a new earth auger ahead of some fencing jobs. Can’t recommend @Dr pecker highly enough - Digga unit is a cracking bit of kit, seriously well engineered and a he’s great guy to deal with! Thanks again, Nigel.

Happy Christmas to you all, another year of great threads and advice on this forum.

All the best for 2021
Stu
only ever used a two man petrol driven thing, but was a hell of a way of planting fence posts .... ground is hard shaley sort of stuff where I put the trellis fence line, but did 20 odd holes 30" deep in a morning, with two old farts on the 8" auger .... and a few more random ones too ...... worked even better after I'd put the grinder over the cutting edges :giggle: ..... must be a great tool on the end of a machine.
have seen me mate's polecat with a 14" coredrill I made for him disappear 4 ft into the deck in seconds .... THAT was impressive ...... took a lot longer to get the crap out of the coredrill with a bar through the windows in it, to go another 4 feet though :(
would not wanna find anything in the way of services with either though ..... take no prisoners for sure :oops::ROFLMAO:


Oh and the season's greetings to you too boyo ...... have a good one (y):cool::giggle:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
have seen the second one before .. IIRC was about 1/2 a mile of fibre optics wrapped on there altogether ..... was on CEF a looong time ago ... bit of a whoopsy !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
I Just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy year, most of all good health!
These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random s**t and send it on.
So, after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2019!
You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes, Helen xx
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I Just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy year, most of all good health!
These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random s**t and send it on.
So, after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2019!
You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes, Helen xx
class :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
L

Lynchy

Well-known member
This thing,movax lodrill took no prisoners,luckily most jobs client was responsible for test holes,plus augering out a tube,it would have already cut through fibre,power cables,which it did on on occasion,causing severe rail delays next day
IMG_20170925_025135634.jpg
 
Dr pecker

Dr pecker

Well-known member
Decided to treat the company to a new earth auger ahead of some fencing jobs. Can’t recommend @Dr pecker highly enough - Digga unit is a cracking bit of kit, seriously well engineered and a he’s great guy to deal with! Thanks again, Nigel.

Happy Christmas to you all, another year of great threads and advice on this forum.

All the best for 2021
Stu
Cheers Stu, glad you like the product, don't get any complaints, about the Digga's... lets hope we can give you some good news on your poor old pecker:cool:
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Been thinking of getting one of these for the tree planting. Got a one man hand held petrol at the moment.
Might just get a spare drill bit and mount it on an S30 hitch and just use it under the Engcon. Trees are in soil and only 150mm deep!!
 
Randla

Randla

Interloper
Been thinking of getting one of these for the tree planting. Got a one man hand held petrol at the moment.
Might just get a spare drill bit and mount it on an S30 hitch and just use it under the Engcon. Trees are in soil and only 150mm deep!!
I'd not recommend it Shaun. For a start, the rotational torque on a tiltrotator is generally less than half that of a auger motor. The other issue is that with a bucket you can see what you are doing and (most) obstructions. With an auger you can't and if you catch an underground obstacle you could strip the worm drive. I appreciate your comment about soil and depth, but the rotational mechanism on a EC02B is quite small.

HTH

Robert
 
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
I'd not recommend it Shaun. For a start, the rotational torque on a tiltrotator is generally less than half that of a auger motor. The other issue is that with a bucket you can see what you are doing and (most) obstructions. With an auger you can't and if you catch an underground obstacle you could strip the worm drive. I appreciate your comment about soil and depth, but the rotational mechanism on a EC02B is quite small.

HTH

Robert

Made of cheese 😂
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
I'd not recommend it Shaun. For a start, the rotational torque on a tiltrotator is generally less than half that of a auger motor. The other issue is that with a bucket you can see what you are doing and (most) obstructions. With an auger you can't and if you catch an underground obstacle you could strip the worm drive. I appreciate your comment about soil and depth, but the rotational mechanism on a EC02B is quite small.

HTH

Robert
Thank you Robert. I know you have made these comments before so I was hoping in soil and shallow depth might be fine. I will however take note of your advice and stick to the petrol borer for planting season this time around. How are thinks going in your new world?

Shaun
 
Randla

Randla

Interloper
Thank you Robert. I know you have made these comments before so I was hoping in soil and shallow depth might be fine. I will however take note of your advice and stick to the petrol borer for planting season this time around. How are thinks going in your new world?

Shaun
In all probability you would be fine Shaun. You know your soil (I'm presuming this is for the Christmas trees), but the rotational speed and lack of grunt - compared to something from Digga or others - will probably have you tapping your feet before too long :sleep:and if you do hit something it's going to be expensive.:cry:

Been busy, thanks for asking. Effectively prevented from doing much in Plant for 3 more weeks because of the shareholder agreement with Engcon, although I have been doing some consulting. What's been exercising my brain is a pre-pack and turnaround on a leisure park in the East Midlands that I took on when I left tilty central. Scary stuff but the future's looking good.;)

Robert
 
Last edited:
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Thank you Robert. I know you have made these comments before so I was hoping in soil and shallow depth might be fine. I will however take note of your advice and stick to the petrol borer for planting season this time around. How are thinks going in your new world?

Shaun


A local farm has made a device for planting to fit there 20 tonner but a smaller version might fit your 8 tonner
It is only an rsj with a headstock mounted on it and big teeth facing down they are chisel plough or great big bucket teeth or similar spaced at the width of your rows
The operator just drops it in wiggle back and forward lifts out and tracks back and next row
Followed by a gang dropping trees in and a gang treading the soil in around the trees
Being on a 20 tonner they are running 8 meters but sure an 8 tonner would stab a few holes a time
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
A local farm has made a device for planting to fit there 20 tonner but a smaller version might fit your 8 tonner
It is only an rsj with a headstock mounted on it and big teeth facing down they are chisel plough or great big bucket teeth or similar spaced at the width of your rows
The operator just drops it in wiggle back and forward lifts out and tracks back and next row
Followed by a gang dropping trees in and a gang treading the soil in around the trees
Being on a 20 tonner they are running 8 meters but sure an 8 tonner would stab a few holes a time
We are in clay and it is not recommended to smear or compact the soil. Will probably just over size auger and plant with some soil that has some nice sh!t in it!! 👃 👃
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
We are in clay and it is not recommended to smear or compact the soil. Will probably just over size auger and plant with some soil that has some nice sh!t in it!! 👃 👃

We are on very heavy clay the farm backs onto one of 6 local brick quaries so would it be worth trying a dozen or so as its a very quick way to plant them
 
Top