Christmas decorations.

Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Sat here on the sofa, feet up, cup of tea to hand watching wife scuttling around putting up decorations everywhere- shes been at this for 3 evenings in a row now. What's the point- we're not even at home for Christmas this year! Call me a humbug but what a compete waste of time, it's all gathering dust and we'll come home after new year to a house still full of sodding decorations which have to be taken down boxed up and put in the attic. I really despair at women folk sometimes. And let's be honest it is women who are obsessed with all this s**t, so let's just knock the sexist finger pointing in to touch whilst we're at it😩
 
JerryRtilt

JerryRtilt

Well-known member
Sat here on the sofa, feet up, cup of tea to hand watching wife scuttling around putting up decorations everywhere- shes been at this for 3 evenings in a row now. What's the point- we're not even at home for Christmas this year! Call me a humbug but what a compete waste of time, it's all gathering dust and we'll come home after new year to a house still full of sodding decorations which have to be taken down boxed up and put in the attic. I really despair at women folk sometimes. And let's be honest it is women who are obsessed with all this s**t, so let's just knock the sexist finger pointing in to touch whilst we're at it😩
I can't stand the run up to Christmas, working outside doing what we do this time of year I find draining, just want to come home to a bit of peace and quiet, don't mind Christmas once I've packed up for the year.:mad:
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
I can't stand the run up to Christmas, working outside doing what we do this time of year I find draining, just want to come home to a bit of peace and quiet, don't mind Christmas once I've packed up for the year.:mad:
Exactly. No problem with Christmas itself, I quite like the downtime for a week or so and catch up with family, a bit of good old fashioned merriment etc, but it starts on the 23rd IMO, not an entire month given over to the madness- by the time the event arrives I think most are sick to the back teeth of it.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Exactly. No problem with Christmas itself, I quite like the downtime for a week or so and catch up with family, a bit of good old fashioned merriment etc, but it starts on the 23rd IMO, not an entire month given over to the madness- by the time the event arrives I think most are sick to the back teeth of it.
Exactly it's a week off work ...rest is now over commercialised hype.
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
I carried the tree in, levelled it up to be told it’s not level & to sort it out…. Shoved it over (now wonky) to be told 10 minutes later to put it back to where it was originally 🤦‍♂️
I feel your pain, the Christmas tree has also been my job this year, think I've done quite well to be fair
 

Attachments

  • IMG20231214082404.jpg
    IMG20231214082404.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 152
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Does anyone else have the nightly game of wondering round the house before bed trying to find all the battery powered light up decorations the Mrs has put everywhere and switch them off.
all plugged in ... have to crawl on my back under the bloody tree to get at the switches for them :rolleyes: ...
WP_20231213_22_58_08_Pro.jpg

the others're reasonably accessible stood up
WP_20231213_22_58_25_Pro.jpg


then there's the ones in the kitchen
and the 'reindeer' outside in the flower bed on the patio
WP_20231213_00_11_27_Pro.jpg

and the 15ft high tree outside the kitchen window that I have to put me boots on for and go outside to turn the outdoor supply off, on me patch ... nearly fell off the fence twice yesterday trying to get the lights on that !!!
will have to come back with a pic of that ... didn't get one last night :rolleyes:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
You need another good workshop project to get stuck into😁 escape the mad house
space heater for a box'd be a start ... camp out in there :giggle: .... trouble is without me keeping an eye on things the house'd be wrecked in a day :mad: ... can do no wrong in pam's eyes :mad:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
all plugged in ... have to crawl on my back under the bloody tree to get at the switches for them :rolleyes: ...
and the 15ft high tree outside the kitchen window that I have to put me boots on for and go outside to turn the outdoor supply off, on me patch ... nearly fell off the fence twice yesterday trying to get the lights on that !!!
will have to come back with a pic of that ... didn't get one last night :rolleyes:
WP_20231214_16_39_50_Pro.jpg

Harper having fun this afters ... she's such a good little kid - way easier than Clara was at 2 ...
just wish she'd learn to talk a bit more ... damned difficult to understand what she wants - understands everything though .. probably won't be able to shut her up when she does start :ROFLMAO:
WP_20231214_14_35_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20231214_14_36_19_Pro.jpg
 
Top