Check your CSCS card - it might be back to school time!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Don’t you have grandfather rights on plant these days? 😆
well I did .... a long time 'fore I was a grand dad, but all long expired ... and too long for the blood sucking tw*ts to do a renewal on ... Russ has tried that one for me ... they couldn't even find my card number in the system :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
well I did .... a long time 'fore I was a grand dad, but all long expired ... and too long for the blood sucking tw*ts to do a renewal on ... Russ has tried that one for me ... they couldn't even find my card number in the system :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I dont get why (apart from fleecing us) you need to do an nvq in a machine 💁🏻‍♂️
 
sfrs4

sfrs4

Well-known member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, all you need to do to make a s**t ton of money, is find a good friend in government, set yourself up as a regulatory body with the help of your government friend, even if you have no experience or knowledge of the industry in fact even better as you are "less biased", make up some daft rules, make the rules fineable if not adhered to, then set up training centres to educate people in your new rules. Finally buy lots of brown envelopes to pass to your government friend periodically and sit back and watch the money fall into your lap.
 
F

fred

Well-known member
2 of us Just did telhandler ticket as mate building in stratford just up the road had HSE visit 2 weeks ago. Pulled him on training records to prove he could safely drive the telehandler. Obs hadn't got one like the rest of us but blagged it as he was the boss, the brickie subbing for him also got pulled and mike got a fine as he hadn't got a training record for the brickie and the brickie didn't have an 'official' card.

So sorted a course for us sharpish as we bound to get pulled if they doing the rounds. Apparently HSE are self funded by their fines so if they turn up they are 100% going to find something.

Half hour session and both of us got tickets by BRITTO citb, no bother. As our manitou has feet its a crane apparently when they down so gets you an extra ticket.
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
I think this is next on my list of things to do. I need some little short term odd jobs to top the funds up and literally every job advert wants cpcs or npors.
Whats the chance of getting a digger and tele ticket for £2000?
 
C

charlie2

Well-known member
glad i am out of it all really, the cards and tickets dont mean a lot in the ability to use a machine to do a decent job with it, i was lucky to never need an nvq and the card i have now is still valid up untill nov 2024. i got it through grandfathers rights and renewed by the cheapest way i could think most i paid was about £48 all in. once i went cards in when revenue tightened up on self employment around 2009 the guy i worked for paid. it seems the goalposts keep getting moved and more bs added year on year.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I think this is next on my list of things to do. I need some little short term odd jobs to top the funds up and literally every job advert wants cpcs or npors.
Whats the chance of getting a digger and tele ticket for £2000?

Easy. Even a proper set of tickets should be negotiated to half that. And ask for straight to blue card
 
C

charlie2

Well-known member
I'm getting very close to booking something. Any advice on where I could get straight to a blue card? Also cpcs or npors?
loads of guys belittle npors but if it has the cscs hologram its just as accepted as cpcs, no idea on training providers all the ones i see advertising seem to want a small fortune for what they actually do.
 
Top