Charlie's Place

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Quick reminder to people to wear the correct ppe. Had a cutting disk explode on me today and this is the result. It was a 10 second 1 cut job and thank god I put the safety specs on. Picked a fair few shards out me face :confused:
Glad you are okay. Unfortunately it seems to be those sort of jobs that go wrong. A quick job is often less considered than if you had loads to do.

Charlie

Charlie

Does anyone know anything about block paving? Been trying to source these pinky coloured blocks. Everywhere used them in the 90’s, think it was about the only colour you could get, but I can’t find them for s**t!

Attachments

• B1DFC6AE-DF2F-4230-800E-F2DA8203BD80.jpeg
    B1DFC6AE-DF2F-4230-800E-F2DA8203BD80.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 182
Stubota86

Stubota86

Does anyone know anything about block paving? Been trying to source these pinky coloured blocks. Everywhere used them in the 90’s, think it was about the only colour you could get, but I can’t find them for s**t!

How thick are they mate? How many do you need roughly?

Charlie

Charlie

How thick are they mate? How many do you need roughly?
These are 60mm thick although as it’s a new area adjoining current paving thickness isn’t important, just a colour match. Need about 6000:oops:

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

These are 60mm thick although as it’s a new area adjoining current paving thickness isn’t important, just a colour match. Need about 6000:oops:

Colour matching old paving will be the difficult bit! Unless you can find some reclaimed ones?

Charlie

Charlie

Cheers dig. If you pressure wash them they are the same colour as the bottom and amazingly haven’t been affected by UV! Think you are right though, a defined band and a totally different colour is the way to go. Light grey is sounding good for a patio area. :)(y)

Charlie

Charlie

They are all always for charity mate so it’s pleasure organising them. Once you’ve done a few it becomes easy, just a lot of box ticking as long as everyone that says they are going to do or supply something actually does! Had the guy supplying the Harris fencing ring up earlier today saying he was about half mile short. :mad: So that was a panic ring around for an hour.

Charlie

Charlie

Well what a cracking day. The sun shone, 67 barrels of lager, 4 stages and a lot of pissed people.
C074A000-6E91-45AF-829A-C894789DB04A.jpeg

Don’t do a lot of music these days but James Bay’s brother was awesome and so was this Danish guy that flew in just for the night called Vargas!
A0B9E052-97A3-40EF-894A-3F3D4EE4C14F.jpeg

Also loved the set by a guy called Alex P that took me back to my school days. Good old fashioned house. I’ve drunk with the guy for 15 years and didn’t even know he was a known name.... apparently?:ROFLMAO:
016AC6D2-F19E-4FFE-B146-BABE0C44EAEB.jpeg

‘‘Tis was a good day and hopefully we have raised a few quid for the Isabel Hospice :)

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
that must've taken some pulling together @Charlie :oops: ..... well done Boyo (y):cool::cool::cool:

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Looks like you hold some great events. Makes a change from farming, but must take some organising. How many people do you expect for the fireworks?

Charlie

Charlie

I try not to farm as there is bugger all money in it. Events are easy after a few of them. Just a lot of box ticking. 8000 at the fireworks show. Took me a week to design, a day to pull from stock, 4 days to fuse and waterproof and 10 crew 2 days to set up. All gone in 21 minutes :ROFLMAO: